Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,065 Posts
Nah, still around.
Just been a very busy boy with work and homelife
Getting off the smokes threw me out for a fair bit, and now dieting again to lose the weight I put on eating crap instead of smoking

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Don't you ever get tired of being right simcoe. o_O

There is probably just as many computerised petrols running around our back paddocks as there are diesels and in reality how many do you actually see being flat bedded back home. If you are going to view it that way you may as well tar just about everything other than a TD42 with that same reliability brush these days. Have to say all the years I was 4wd club president around here, we would have had more petrols in our club and on trips that diesels and never had to rescue one. And I doubt a Y62 is any worse or better in computer terms than a current Amarok/Ranger/200 series etc etc. If my modern diesel ownership has taught me anything, it's that I feel modern electronic diesels are less confidence inspiring than petrols.
I’m not always right but don’t try to be. Just honest and don’t flog my cok over diesels, live axles and the mentality that you need them to travel. The 62 is a billion times better and more reliable than any did or crd diesel.
😙

Reactions: klappers

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Just saw the new update for the forum banner today. Much better! (y)
Lol
The rsl has spoken😂😂😂

Can’t have the legend smoker on the cover🤣
Let’s have some old chit box billy carts on there instead 🤦🏼‍♂️😙

Reactions: trev zd30

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Oh and hoggy, don’t go full retard and mention sales please.
The 62 outsells the pos krooza 10-1 in other countries, are they silly or smart?

Imo the tides are turning on the absolute idiotic idea that you need a diesel, as said the ram is selling like hot cakes, and fark you better believe it, it’s a petrol v8.!

So many of the dual cab manufacturers have access to fantastic petrols yet they throw junk turbo diesels in.. why? Farked if I know... better for something apparently 😂😂😂

·
Premium Member
nissan
6,941 Posts
So many of the dual cab manufacturers have access to fantastic petrols yet they throw junk turbo diesels in.. why?
In Australia the market wants them because once upon a time petrol engines were twice as likely to break down as a diesel, the diesel would last twice as long and use half the fuel. Hard won reputations take time to break even when the evidence is unquestionable. TBH I think the change will come from the manufacturers before it comes from the Australian market. Modern diesels are a nightmare for manufacturers of passenger cars and many of them are turning their back on the oil burners.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
Oh and hoggy, don’t go full retard and mention sales please.
The 62 outsells the pos krooza 10-1 in other countries, are they silly or smart?
They might buy what works for them. They aren't Australia where we tow with them, tavel large distances and have huge unpopulated remote areas.
I lived in central for 15 years, where graders, trucks, tractors and stations all run on diesel.
Delivered and pumped fuel at all sorts of remote locations. Far call ulp. Great stuff to store in an overhead tank as it boils in the 40 degree heat. ;)
The y62 would be about as popular as a fart in a lift there.

Still yet to see a petrol prime mover on the market. Soon as I see that I'll agree diesel is dead.
Not going to affect me anytime soon as my td is years away from needing a changeover in any case.

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,117 Posts
They might buy what works for them. They aren't Australia where we tow with them, tavel large distances and have huge unpopulated remote areas.
I lived in central for 15 years, where graders, trucks, tractors and stations all run on diesel.
Delivered and pumped fuel at all sorts of remote locations. Far call ulp. Great stuff to store in an overhead tank as it boils in the 40 degree heat. ;)

Still yet to see a petrol prime mover on the market. Soon as I see that I'll agree diesel is dead.
Not going to affect me anytime soon as my td is years away from needing a changeover in any case.
Trying to visualise a tanker full of boiling ULP phark,must be venting plumes of vapour,and the fuel would be chit in no time,[no laxettes neccessary.]

Cheers,G.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
Trying to visualise a tanker full of boiling ULP phark,must be venting plumes of vapour,and the fuel would be chit in no time,[no laxettes neccessary.]

Cheers,G.
Quite a big vapour loss in petrol that is not the case with diesel

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I don't fully agree that the Aussies wanted what we have now, I think to a degree they have been brainwashed and also simply settled for what is being thrown at us caused by the manufacturers, the media and the enviromentalists. I love my TD for what it is but when the wife's Paj is due for replacement in next couple of years I'll be looking for a Y62 if Nissan don't screw it up before then. Otherwise it might have to be a RAM 1500 for me and a little car for the wife which will mean the end of the TD just because of finances. I've had no problem with the Paj but I won't be going near any of these tiddler diesels if there are any left.
The 4wd media doesn't help. Saw an article the other week how Aussies need to get over their big engine mentality and how these little diesels do everything we need, have more power than ever before, more efficient and the overstressed argument is a non event. Long live the baby oiler.

Next fortnight the big article about powering up and addressing the all too common issue of "can't hold 90 towing up hill", can't pass the pensioner doing 60 on the flat cause got nothing left in the tank". Using a Ranger as the test example, on of the most powerful and largest capacities of the small donk market. Pretty sure I've never heard those complaints from a Yank truck owner, yet here was are stuck with the Asian market crap.

All of this is adding up to killing the diesel market.

I get too what you are saying warty but the majority of this market application is not about outback property vehicles, they will end up being a niche diesel market maybe and it certainly doesn't have any link to the heavy transport industry.

Reactions: simcoe

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Y62 is available as a 4 litre V6 in Saudi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Would be perfect as a twin turbo.
Oh wait that’s one reason I want a 62. No turbos and associated stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
In Australia the market wants them because once upon a time petrol engines were twice as likely to break down as a diesel, the diesel would last twice as long and use half the fuel. Hard won reputations take time to break even when the evidence is unquestionable. TBH I think the change will come from the manufacturers before it comes from the Australian market. Modern diesels are a nightmare for manufacturers of passenger cars and many of them are turning their back on the oil burners.
Indeed, 30 years ago a slow diesel was the go, last 500k and use 10lpg.
Petrols sucked 20-30, realistically though petrols were pretty tough back then. Just the fuel system and spark system was the let down.
It’s a shame the small Ute market doesn’t have petrols, the 2.7 lux is about the only one off memory. My apprentice has one with 400k on it and still drives mint.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Would be perfect as a twin turbo.
Oh wait that’s one reason I want a 62. No turbos and associated stuff.
Yeah simple is good.

Reactions: turps

·
Registered
5,326 Posts

Hoggy, the 62 from s2 and up uses the same as a 200 diesel. Lol

There is petrol everywhere and it has no water in it either. And your not lining up like a dumby at the diesel bowser for an hour😂😂😂

Oh not the prime mover debate now🤣
Don’t hate what you don’t understand.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
I don't fully agree that the Aussies wanted what we have now, I think to a degree they have been brainwashed and also simply settled for what is being thrown at us caused by the manufacturers, the media and the enviromentalists. I love my TD for what it is but when the wife's Paj is due for replacement in next couple of years I'll be looking for a Y62 if Nissan don't screw it up before then. Otherwise it might have to be a RAM 1500 for me and a little car for the wife which will mean the end of the TD just because of finances. I've had no problem with the Paj but I won't be going near any of these tiddler diesels if there are any left.
The 4wd media doesn't help. Saw an article the other week how Aussies need to get over their big engine mentality and how these little diesels do everything we need, have more power than ever before, more efficient and the overstressed argument is a non event. Long live the baby oiler.

Next fortnight the big article about powering up and addressing the all too common issue of "can't hold 90 towing up hill", can't pass the pensioner doing 60 on the flat cause got nothing left in the tank". Using a Ranger as the test example, on of the most powerful and largest capacities of the small donk market. Pretty sure I've never heard those complaints from a Yank truck owner, yet here was are stuck with the Asian market crap.

All of this is adding up to killing the diesel market.

I get too what you are saying warty but the majority of this market application is not about outback property vehicles, they will end up being a niche diesel market maybe and it certainly doesn't have any link to the heavy transport industry.
How is it hey, so laughable.
One month, small diesels are the best thing since sliced bread, next month, how to save you diesel from failure, next month, how to make your diesel move like it should, next month, diesel failure epidemic😂😂😂😂

So proper stupid....

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
One wonders why anyone would put themselves through such termoil and torture putting up with bowling club diesel freaks in a dying forum :).

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,670 Posts
One wonders why anyone would put themselves through such termoil and torture putting up with bowling club diesel freaks in a dying forum :).
🤣 🤣 🤣

Foo

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
Hoggy, the 62 from s2 and up uses the same as a 200 diesel. Lol

There is petrol everywhere and it has no water in it either. And your not lining up like a dumby at the diesel bowser for an hour

Oh not the prime mover debate now
Don’t hate what you don’t understand.
I pointed out that remote Australia runs on diesel.
It will continue to whilst diesel powers agricultural, industrial and transport equipment, which it will for the foreseeable future.
It has storage advantages and greater energy density when compared to petrol.
At least part of the reason the 62 has sold so poorly here.

Oh it is only the series 2 and on that doesn't drink like a fish now?
Listening to you talk I thought they all had the fuel economy of a prius and the performance of a ferrari from day dot
I mean they like to rev and revs are so compatible with fuel economy. Remember that tow test where it sat at 5500 rpm in order to get going?
Despite the energy content of diesel which is 15% higher than petrol for the same volume the 62 is miserly whatever you do with it, tow, load it up or race Bathurst.
Must be an energy polariser in there or something?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
What ever you want to categorise the 62 into. There is no denying it’s bloody good value for money. When you compare it to cars no matter the engine in its class it wins. But you can also compare it to the medium market price wise and it still blows them out of the water.

No matter the vehicle. The engine capacity should be a minimum for 1.5 times the litres of the GVM compared to tons. 1.5lt:1000kg.

Reactions: simcoe

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,983 Posts
Nothing quite like a Y62 debate to bring all the ghosts back into town Sure does liven things up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

41 - 60 of 132 Posts