Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
10,525 Posts
I have a client that’s owned all the Patrols and absolutely loves his 62. Says it’s brilliant on fuel too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
nissan
6,963 Posts
I pointed out that remote Australia runs on diesel.
That used to be true but is no longer the case. I've done a heap of remote area travel all over Australia and there is petrol or Opal pretty much everywhere. The grazing industry and government services spread demand for diesel fuel to the remote areas of the country 50 years ago but demand for cheaper petrol powered cars in the remote communities has seen petrol demand and availability spread throughout the country in the last couple of decades.

·
Registered
2013 Patrol Y61 DX EX Telstra service body
104 Posts
look up at the TV and there's an add for a ram pulling a boat even. Won't be long and we'll all be running electric 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I purchased my 2nd patrol earlier this year 2013 ex telstra (84k) it'll do me for a few years and I can't afford a 62 on the pension

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,745 Posts
I have a client that’s owned all the Patrols and absolutely loves his 62. Says it’s brilliant on fuel too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My wife has relo's with one, not sure which series. With four adults & two kids, plus luggage they get around 11L/100km driving from Sydney to Brisbane. They stopped by our place recently on the way back from a trip up to FNQ. They were towing a 3.5T van, had a 3.7m boat on the Patrol roof, folding boat trailer mounted on the back of the van, 15hp outboard on the drawbar & the Patrol was packed with gear and three fridges (bait, fish & beer fridges). They had averaged around 22L/100km for the trip. I doubt that there'd be many other vcehicles that could haul that load & get that economy.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
My wife has relo's with one, not sure which series. With four adults & two kids, plus luggage they get around 11L/100km driving from Sydney to Brisbane. They stopped by our place recently on the way back from a trip up to FNQ. They were towing a 3.5T van, had a 3.7m boat on the Patrol roof, folding boat trailer mounted on the back of the van, 15hp outboard on the drawbar & the Patrol was packed with gear and three fridges (bait, fish & beer fridges). They had averaged around 22L/100km for the trip. I doubt that there'd be many other vcehicles that could haul that load & get that economy.
I’m a fan of the 62. But they must have been granny driving to achieve that.
As most use that or a fraction more with anything more than 3t on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,139 Posts
look up at the TV and there's an add for a ram pulling a boat even. Won't be long and we'll all be running electric 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I purchased my 2nd patrol earlier this year 2013 ex telstra (84k) it'll do me for a few years and I can't afford a 62 on the pension
We'll be able to tow our solar array,[3.5t] over the Gunbarrel, :LOL:

Cheers,G.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,734 Posts
One wonders why anyone would put themselves through such termoil and torture putting up with bowling club diesel freaks in a dying forum :).

But he is entertaining.

You can't read to much into what he says as he often says one thing to then do the complete opposite.
For instance loves the 62, bags the td42. But how many td42's has he had? and rebuilt? How much cash has he dropped on td42's? Why wouldn't he just buy the 4.8 petrol. Got to be better than a diesel?
Then we have his opinion on td42 cooling systems. He's never had any problems. But with his latest rebuild it has a big ass band aid fan, thermostat mod and drilled out the water galleries. Sounds odd for someone with no issues?
What about his thoughts on afr's?
More fuel the better is his mantra.
So why is he changing his home modded fuel pin in the pump?

My favourite is his advice on mechanical issues. Add timing and more fuel.....

Have credit card at the ready.

As I said entertaining.

And he makes dynos obsolete.
Can tell you hp and torque by a test drive. I think he can smell the afr's as he can tell you those as well without a measuring aid in sight.

Entertaining.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
what kills this place for me is the overkill passwords u need to have, as i have to log in every time on the work computer and i keep forgetting it :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
That used to be true but is no longer the case. I've done a heap of remote area travel all over Australia and there is petrol or Opal pretty much everywhere. The grazing industry and government services spread demand for diesel fuel to the remote areas of the country 50 years ago but demand for cheaper petrol powered cars in the remote communities has seen petrol demand and availability spread throughout the country in the last couple of decades.
I am speaking from the experience of delivering bulk fuel for a bp distributor based in Alice Springs which I ceased doing in 2002. Every cattle station or rural property runs on diesel. Stored in overhead tanks.
Dropped the odd drum of petrol. Never pumped or delivered petrol at any rural property that wasn't in a drum.
Yes the Aboriginal communities have petrol.
Diesel runs the outback. All heavy equipment and generators etc run on it. That will remain the case for the foreseeable future.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,266 Posts
What's happened to this place , it used to be pumping with people and info now it's a ghost town!
Get over to the "Beta Tester's Thread"
"https://www.patrol4x4.com/threads/we-are-now-live-community-feedback.407909/page-26#post-6976344"
That's getting smashed with idea's and improvements by the half a dozen (that's "6" for the un-informed) that
haven't lost interest yet.

and don't forget to ask for your "trophy" when you get there.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
what kills this place for me is the overkill passwords u need to have, as i have to log in every time on the work computer and i keep forgetting it :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Install a password manager like last pass. I did that on my work ones. Just one complex password I have to remember.

Reactions: warthog

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
Install a password manager like last pass. I did that on my work ones. Just one complex password I have to remember.

I've got 3 pages of bloody passwords. Might have to investigate that

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,646 Posts
Wouldn’t want someone stealing your identity. Is the world ready for two Warties?

Reactions: Foo

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
Wouldn’t want someone stealing your identity. Is the world ready for two Warties?
Wartie is a fairly opinionated and boring person in real life. (Much like on here but quieter)
I think the world wouldn't notice another one.
Pretty unrewarding identity to steal too btw.
No spare cash, not like those Harvey Bay moguls

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,734 Posts
Wartie is a fairly opinionated and boring person in real life. (Much like on here but quieter)
No point having spare cash, can't take it with you when you die and be buggered letting someone else piss it up against a wall

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,646 Posts
Opinionated, yes.
Boring, NO.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Recommend it. I don’t pay for the premium. But use it as an extension on an app on my phones, tablet and desktop. Plus work desktop computers.

Phone can be option for Face ID or fingerprint scan for ID or use master password.
Then desktops are master password. Which doesn’t transfer for user profiles. As even If another person logs on. They don’t have that extension on there chrome browser.

Will even generate stupidly impossible passwords.

Just need to remember your master password. As from my research they are unhackable and “LastPass” can’t recovery or unlock it for you.

Reactions: warthog
61 - 80 of 132 Posts