___BTDT___
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,064 Posts

·
___BTDT___
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,064 Posts
We end up with the people we love as opposed with everyone
Maybe not, no members, no guests, no advertising revenue, possibly no forum.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,519 Posts
Maybe not, no members, no guests, no advertising revenue, possibly no forum.
Pfffttt. Google will save the forum. Stop being so negative. There is plenty of advertising going on. Most Google searches bring up P4x4 first.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,519 Posts
Also, why is the Y61 the most prominent Patrol in the new banner? If we really are trying to be global, shouldn't we be promoting the Y62??

·
Registered
nissan
5,939 Posts
Also, why is the Y61 the most prominent Patrol in the new banner?
There were more of them sold than any other model. There are probably more of them currently on the roads as well. Certainly in my travels I see way more Y61s than either Y60s or Y62s

If we really are trying to be global, shouldn't we be promoting the Y62??
They will try to promote whatever people are most likely search for. This site is most likely found by people looking to mod or fix their car. Most Y62s I see are box stock and if they need fixing are unlikely to be fixed by their owners. The exact opposite is true for Y60s and Y61s. In 10 years I expect the situation to be quite different.

·
Registered
nissan
5,939 Posts
Mate if you had been taking any notice over the years, all forums have had big hits over those years, they are dying and we are no different,
The regular chatter that fills GD will continue to dwindle as more an more of this occurs on FB but most visitors to this forum are guests looking for tech info, not people having a yarn. FB is hopeless for people looking for tech info. Try and find a post a year old let alone a decade old on FB. The info that exists there is not organised into topic specific threads like a forum so finding discussion specific to your problem is difficult. Forums like this that are based on a backbone of user generated technical support will live until the vehicles they are about fade from popularity.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Also, why is the Y61 the most prominent Patrol in the new banner? If we really are trying to be global, shouldn't we be promoting the Y62??
Every other forum I'm on don't even have a photo in the banner so I guess having anything promotes us slightly more than the others. I have thought it'd be nice for it to occasional change though like the top photos do on the home page.

·
___BTDT___
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,064 Posts
Every other forum I'm on don't even have a photo in the banner so I guess having anything promotes us slightly more than the others. I have thought it'd be nice for it to occasional change though like the top photos do on the home page.
This photo came about through negotiation as the original Xenforo update pic of a Y62 does not represent our core membership, we went through pics and sent many to Verticalscope staff, and after deliberation they found the one we have now, It wouldn't matter what pic we put up someone would be P'd off about it. Core membership is what it was all about. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that the pic could periodically change.
The regular chatter that fills GD will continue to dwindle as more an more of this occurs on FB but most visitors to this forum are guests looking for tech info, not people having a yarn. FB is hopeless for people looking for tech info. Try and find a post a year old let alone a decade old on FB. The info that exists there is not organised into topic specific threads like a forum so finding discussion specific to your problem is difficult. Forums like this that are based on a backbone of user generated technical support will live until the vehicles they are about fade from popularity.
The other night I was going through figures and there were 500+ 'Guests' online, we haven't seen those numbers in quite a while, a percentage of those will join and a percentage of those will stick around for a while and if they like the experience they will stay, exactly like many of us did. Under the AI system that is currently in use (this is under discussion as well because we are having issues) when they signup it is instant recognition (just like fakebook), Verticalscope do their own data checking and some forums on this system have seen a 40% rise in traffic, we as a small forum are not seeing that but there is a distinct increase.

My 2 cents worth for those that have a positive outlook now that our owners are listening to us.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts