Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm thinking of borrowing my brother in-laws roof top tent and driving from Perth to Broome and doing the GRR and the Kimberley's Just wondering what it's like in July. Going to take 3 weeks of work I think that should be enough.

·
Registered
nissan
52 Posts
im thinking of going june/july next year as well. never done it before myself but my brother did it early july last year and apprently thats the best time of year to go. but who knows with the weather these days :confused:

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
439 Posts
The wife and I are doing the GRR next April/May. Its going to be at the end of the wet for us but the the middle of the year will be very nice. Just be mindfull that the grey nomads as they will be everywhere up their that time of year.
Just some interesting reading for you.

Gibb River Road, The Kimberley WA

Back Issues for Kimberley Guide

Have a great time

Wayne

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I was worried about it being busy in July is it hard to get a camp site or can you just rock up anywhere and get something?

I was going to tent it but my wife found out about the crocodile's and wild life now there isn't a chance she's sleeping on the ground.

Toby

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
439 Posts
The wild life are not much of a worry. Just remember not to leave your shoes out as they will walk of with dingoes (happened to us once before), the crocs are not really a problem just obey signs and don't camp too close to the edge.
We are tenting aswell and have done all up their and across to the Territory. Just use common sense when near water ways and it will be alright.

Wayne

·
Registered
Nissan
1,620 Posts
I will alos be there late May/ june with the family on our lap. Hope the Wet isn't too bad this year.
Counting the days.
July is the busiest month in Broome...pre booking is essential for the main campsites.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might see you all there then. We are not following a set plan so hard to book in advance. Will just have to wing it and hope we can find somewhere.

·
Registered
36 Posts
July is a good time to do the GRR, was up there this july and the road condition was excellent, well worth the trip up.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I hope it's good my brother in-law has lent me his ARB roof top tent. I will give it a run on the Patrol it's been sitting on his Hilux for a while.

·
Registered
331 Posts
we just did it in september this year and it was great, no too many people around had most camp sites to ourself or just a few others.
Was a little bit dryer than it would be in july though, but i think i like it that way better then having people evrywhere you go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts