Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
They are meant to be cheap but great quality tyre, I know few people running them.
Might try a set.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
A few comp trucks are running them now too!

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
How do these go on road? In the wet?

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu tray
183 Posts
They caught my eye at the 4x4 show in Melbourne recently. Nice aggressive pattern and chunky side wall!
Be interesting to hear feed back on them.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
I have ordered some 35s

·
Registered
nissan patrol
526 Posts
I asked the tyre shop near me a little while ago & they said don't expect much in the way of road manners, or wear. pretty much a play tyre for off road days. the all terrain is chunky enough on its own.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
I asked the tyre shop near me a little while ago & they said don't expect much in the way of road manners, or wear. pretty much a play tyre for off road days. the all terrain is chunky enough on its own.
Clearly they know nothing about this tyre, it’s probably their sales pitch about every mud terrain so that they can sell you road tyre instead.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
My patrol isn’t a daily, I know few people running these on dailies, one is a F-Truck the other is a brand new Y62

·
Registered
nissan patrol
526 Posts
right.
I didn't buy them, but was chatting to the guy while they fitted my trail hogs. he did say they had sold a few, but not got any feedback. so he was just making an assumption on looks.
they're a very angry looking unit.

·
Registered
nissan
1 Posts
I've had a set of 35s on 17s for a bit over a year now daily driven and will definitely be getting another set when the time comes for it.

On road they perform surprisingly really well in the wet however are quite noisy, given the aggressive pattern it's to be expected.

Off road I've driven in all sorts of terrain aside from sand and have not been disappointed with the performance all round, they clear mud and snow quite well, crawl right up rocky sections and are extremely predictable on dirt and gravel roads.

They have visibly worn quite substantially in the 14 or so months that I've had them on both my old GU and current, much lighter swb GQ. I'd say they're at about 70% and would expect to get at minimum another year out of them before performance starts to really dwindle.

All in all I'm stoked with them and have recommended them to a bunch of my mate's.

·
Registered
nissan
33 Posts
I did some lane change testing on a set 2 weeks ago (33x12.5R18) and we were all amazed with how good they were. We have used sooooooo many different brands for testing and some have been downright horrible. Our test driver is amazing (trains up and coming supercar drivers) and after 2 attempts on 4wd's with M/T's now refuses to even try as they are so bad. Nitto's and BFG's are ------ OK but nothing special. The standouts are a set of near bald maxxis 762's that are friggen amazing! The gladiators were very good and definately up there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts