1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU 2.8TD
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

just letting you all know heading into glass house tomorow for a look with ROSS
so if you guys are interested in heading out with me again now that im back lol, were meeting each other at the caltex on the high way ( big fish ) or can meet you at the look out if you like.

meeting around 10 am at the fish.,

0404741078 - if you need to get in contact with me.

Cheers guys

Luke

·
Registered
nissan
708 Posts
wow, you must be keen as *****. lol. all the best mate. im working on my truck, so i wont be able to make it.

cheers

jbates58

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU 2.8TD
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well everyone this is official.. there is no longer anything at the glass house mountains..
what hasnt been bulldozzed aka all the forest has either been washed away by floods or has been filled in or is now become unstable..

all tracks from widow maker ie at the bottom of the firetower.. are all now justas bad as thewidow its self.. the bottom has drops just to get to a small track down there that only some of the toughest guys would find some what to the extreme.

power line track/s are some what HOLLOW!! it may seem to be fine, BUT under ground has been washed away so be careful out there for a while.
the funny thing is there is NO water or no mud in the mud pit ( s bend ) any more.. there is hardly anything there.

what hasnt been destroyed by trees and debrees is either land filled by the state forestrie authorities with rocks ect. theentire place has been shut down and only signed at one entry ( the one wer exited from today)
there is really nothing to do there now.

worth a look, atm all our fun has been washed away

but FYI therewas some excitement ata few tiny things today :) so lets hope for the best

·
Registered
nissan patrol ute gq
235 Posts
I was out there this afternoon it wasn't that bad, although some usually easy tracks have been turned to crap I'm ntit sure weather its so much the flood ,damage or just stupid driving but the group I went with had fun

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU 2.8TD
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well not sure where you went but its not exactly "glass house" nomore.. and if i can remember correctly when you and your other mate in his gq ute came out with me many many months ago you would even do anything on the power lines let alone hill climbs.
if you cant tell what water wash is compaired to driving tracks mabey best not to try yea..

just stating, its changed alot. but like i said not sure where you went but there was NO one there today..

·
Registered
nissan
796 Posts
well not sure where you went but its not exactly "glass house" nomore.. and if i can remember correctly when you and your other mate in his gq ute came out with me many many months ago you would even do anything on the power lines let alone hill climbs.
if you cant tell what water wash is compaired to driving tracks mabey best not to try yea..

just stating, its changed alot. but like i said not sure where you went but there was NO one there today..
typical 2.8 owners......... my milk bottle holds more then that
how many time you done big red on 33's unlocked?

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Luke the reason most people are staying out could be because Forestry asked them to when this current weather event really kicked in before Christmas. I'm keen as to get in myself but have been holding off, but if the Mud Mile is dry then GH is good to go.

Will be interesting to see how it is now but about 6-8 weeks ago it was already pretty ripped up by the last storms we had through - the washouts were so bad then that Adoom got stuck at the Wall at the bottom of Henneseys and we had quite a job to winch him out. Normally he'd have just blitzed it.

But that's the beauty of Glasshouse, it is literally different every time you go, not a place you can get complacent at if you want to get back out!

·
Registered
nissan
796 Posts
the washouts were so bad then that Adoom got stuck at the Wall at the bottom of Henneseys and we had quite a job to winch him out. Normally he'd have just blitzed it.
that has changed all again now, I have driven it since then, then went and drove up ho chi min with benos and his mates, I also seen pics of Jas doing it a few weeks ago when it was REALLY wet
little red is still little red, I have done it after all the rain (then reversed down cause my mate wouldnt do it :cool: )

·
Registered
nissan
139 Posts
sounds like a place i would still like to explore. So would be great to have a tour one weekend. (not scared to drive the harder stuff). So anyone going out please post it up or send me a msg. thanks Daniel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts