Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So, my first patrol, an '03 GU had the front passenger door speaker blow, though oh damn, traded 03 for a 2011 5 years ago, then 2 years ago the same speaker fades in and out. I thought it was a coincidence, but I just bought another GU, a 2012 chopped 4 door ute and guess what? THE SAME BLOODY SPEAKER works one day, stops the next, starts..stops.. any clues?

Registered
The factory speakers are very cheap rubbish, built just for a price and never last. Any aftermarket name brand speaker will be 10 times better quality than the factory stuff. Just buy a set of aftermarket speakers and replace the originals instead of replacing the whole vehicle each time 馃槅.

other than that I鈥檇 say just a coincidence that it is the passenger side. Certainly no coincidence that a speaker failed they all do. Maybe the wiring is longer/shorter on that side but they all go sooner or later and often sooner if you stick in an aftermarket head unit without replacing the speakers.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
The factory speakers are very cheap rubbish, built just for a price and never last. Any aftermarket name brand speaker will be 10 times better quality than the factory stuff. Just buy a set of aftermarket speakers and replace the originals instead of replacing the whole vehicle each time 馃槅.

other than that I鈥檇 say just a coincidence that it is the passenger side. Certainly no coincidence that a speaker failed they all do. Maybe the wiring is longer/shorter on that side but they all go sooner or later and often sooner if you stick in an aftermarket head unit without replacing the speakers.
X2, been a while but I did my fronts many years ago when I upgraded head unit, there are a number of threads on this. Testing my memory but I seem to rememer I went to a 6.5" speaker as opposed o std 6" and they fitted.
Back ones are playing up now so need to do them soon. Hmmmm! A Corona project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts