Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan 2006 4.2td
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently started getting issues with my 2006 4.2td cab chassis patrol, at first it sounded like the battery was buggered and after doing a few tests on it, it wasn't the best. I have replaced the battery and still am having the same issue. I have tested a few different things and have found that the bus bar for the glow plugs is not getting any power. I have found the glow plug relay and removed it and tested the coil of the relay and have found that the relay works fine. there is also a positive 12v on the common of the contacts of the relay. I have then done some tests to see if I am getting voltage to the relay coil when I turn the ignition on, which I am not. Can someone please let me know if they have had the same problem and where I should go now? the light comes on, on the dash indicating the glow plugs are working but the relay is not getting any voltage to switch like I said???

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

I have recently started getting issues with my 2006 4.2td cab chassis patrol, at first it sounded like the battery was buggered and after doing a few tests on it, it wasn't the best. I have replaced the battery and still am having the same issue. I have tested a few different things and have found that the bus bar for the glow plugs is not getting any power. I have found the glow plug relay and removed it and tested the coil of the relay and have found that the relay works fine. there is also a positive 12v on the common of the contacts of the relay. I have then done some tests to see if I am getting voltage to the relay coil when I turn the ignition on, which I am not. Can someone please let me know if they have had the same problem and where I should go now? the light comes on, on the dash indicating the glow plugs are working but the relay is not getting any voltage to switch like I said???

Thanks
How did you go with this issue? I have same problem and am just wondering if you found a fix

·
Registered
nissan
229 Posts
Have you checked the fuse in the engine bay next to the battery? There is a 100amp fuse located in the box that I blew when messing around with my car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you checked the fuse in the engine bay next to the battery? There is a 100amp fuse located in the box that I blew when messing around with my car.
Hi Dan. Yeah mate I looked at that fuse and it seems to b ok. I can't seem to pull it out to check it tho. I now know where the relay is and will remove and check it after work this arv. There is a spot in the fuse box that the 100amp fuse is in that says glow but it has no fuse holder in that spot. It also only has 10amp written on it which seems way to small for the glow plugs. Thanx for your response mate.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Dan. Yeah mate I looked at that fuse and it seems to b ok. I can't seem to pull it out to check it tho. I now know where the relay is and will remove and check it after work this arv. There is a spot in the fuse box that the 100amp fuse is in that says glow but it has no fuse holder in that spot. It also only has 10amp written on it which seems way to small for the glow plugs. Thanx for your response mate.
Also check out the 15AMP fuse (55) in the service book this is the one that switched the relay on, see below

Quick Glow 1.jpg Quick Glow 2.jpg

Also be aware some of these fuses are bolt in type, you have to remove the fuse box to unbolt and replace them don't try and yank them out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just wanted to let yous know I got it sorted. Previous owner had replaced the 100a fuse with n 80a fuse which didnt burn/blow but cracked in half. So I was looking at the wrong fuse. Not much of a leaky but managed to fault find it. Thanx to everyone who gave me suggestions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts