Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering were is the glow plug timing unit is found on a GU Nissan Patrol 2007 model as can't seem to find.
I am looking to change it out as my patrol seem to be still doey on start up thought it was glow plugs so changed them but still the same and noticed light only staying on for a quick 10 to 15 sec then turns off but am having trouble find the unit in this model cheers :headwall:

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts
Hi, just wondering were is the glow plug timing unit is found on a GU Nissan Patrol 2007 model as can't seem to find.
I am looking to change it out as my patrol seem to be still doey on start up thought it was glow plugs so changed them but still the same and noticed light only staying on for a quick 10 to 15 sec then turns off but am having trouble find the unit in this model cheers :headwall:

There is no such thing on ZD30 CrD GU 2007 model. Timer function is fully controlled by the engine ECU. Check the glow relay or its fuse (circled)
See diagram bellow:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Are you talking of the std light in the corner of the dash display? If so this light is not indicative of the time the glow plugs stay on, all that indicates is that the vehicle is ready to start, the circuit is controlled by the ECU as Rumcajs says and stays on for 5 minutes or 70-75C, whatever is reached first.

To see if the glow circuit is working stick a multimetre on the busbar under the back of the intercooler, you should be able to access it by removing the IC engine cover, the first glow plug cap is visible there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts