Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My GME TX3440 freezes if its on when i turn the ignition off and then turn the vehicle on again.

I noticed this during a tag along tour where the CB needed to be on all the time except when we stopped for breaks. When we'd start off again i'd wonder why everyone stopped talking.

I know one fix is to just turn the CB off before the ignition, but has anyone had a similar issue.

Will GME regard this as a fault they will fix or user error?

Cheers

Grogey

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I have seen this type of fault in other diesel vehilces. The problem is the battery volts are droping on crank your batterys are ok, just that a diesel draws a lot of current on crank. I dont think gme would consider this a warranty fault. Contact GME, they may have a sugestion

I have played around with batterys, and capacitors in the past, trying to resolve this problem.

Do you have a second battery installed, you could connect to the second battery?.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen this type of fault in other diesel vehilces. The problem is the battery volts are droping on crank your batterys are ok, just that a diesel draws a lot of current on crank. I dont think gme would consider this a warranty fault. Contact GME, they may have a sugestion

I have played around with batterys, and capacitors in the past, trying to resolve this problem.

Do you have a second battery installed, you could connect to the second battery?.
Thanks gp339gm339,

I'll look into connecting it to the auxiliary battery.

Cheers

Grogey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts