Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
nissan
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ive got tomorrow off and was wanting to go for a fish, does anyone one know of some good fishing spots on the gold coast. i dont have a boat either

Thanks Rhys

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Gday Rhys, maybe i can help.

My favorite spot (and i don't mind sharing) is Oatland Esplanade at Runaway Bay. As you drive in you'll see a marina. Walk into the marina and you will see a big sign that says NO FISHING.

Disregard that, it means no fishing INSIDE the marina walls, not outside. Walk around the footpath all the way, about half way down the last stretch, youll see a tall light and a tap with a cutting board. I always catch bream and whiting there, and a short cast with live bait will yield some MONSTER FLATHEAD, huge bastards.

Or you can walk down the path all the way till it comes to a dead end and what looks like a little light house, there's a breakwall there and again live bait if you got it will possible net you some really nice mangrove jack.

That is if you like estuary fishing...

For jetty fishing you can always head down to the spit, there's a small fee to get on and sometimes it can get really busy, but it gets you way out past the surf breakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts