Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu iii 3.0 turbo diesel 2004 manual wagon
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 GU III 3.0l diesel patrol Manual has been experiencing the occassional motor revving while driving on bitumen. This takes place mainly in 4th gear up an incline.
I have read some other threads and have tried the 5th gear take off test. The Patrol definitely stalls when trying to take off @1500 rpm. Did this twice and both times it stalled. However, I would like to get a professional opinion. The moment you say you think you have a clutch problem (KACHING) its $1500 - $2000 spent. I don't mind spending it if I have too but I want to make sure. Does anyone know someone on the northside of brisbane who could take a look and give a true opinion.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hop under the vehicle and where you see the arm coming out of the gearbox where the slave cylinder abuts to it......see if that has any play with the vehicle sitting dead with no-one near the clutch pedal, if it has a little play...probably a new clutch coming up if it is tight with no movement fore an aft check for adjustment as this might be all it needs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks fnq cairns.
What adjustments could be made if this is the prob.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Dont think you can adjust the clutch on these mate, on earlier vehicles you could undo the locking nuts on the slave cylinder push rod and give it some free play.
If you're driving along and the engine starts to rev in 4th gear and 5th gear without gaining any ground then you are looking at a slipping clutch, how many klm's do you have on the clock.

There are some good deals on ebay for clutches and with extra clamping power.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's just clicked over 95,000. It's had some early camper trailer use but not for the last 40,000k's..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts