Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
haha i love the music, like the bloody end of the world.

looks the goods though!! only would need to find a different spot for the uhf

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Higher up X2
I've got a 2 camera rear view monitor with a 7" mirror mount monitor. The dash mount monitor blocked too much vision for my liking or blocked the controls on the centre dash if I mounted it there.
Infra red camera's and monitor are constant duty cycle so they can run all the time too.
Doesn't do anything else though, just rear view.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmmm i not looking for a reverse feature so thats prob no good for me sudso. where is ur remote screen mounted ethan?

·
Registered
nissan
61 Posts
hmmmm i not looking for a reverse feature so thats prob no good for me sudso. where is ur remote screen mounted ethan?
Pretty keen to know this as well... Iv got a 7' GPS which fits nicely in the middle of the dash was thinking of getting a head unit the drives everything (if there is one) and have the screen remotly mounted as such...

·
Registered
nissan
212 Posts
I have also had a look at this unit and loved it, only problem is trying to lode a cd or move the screen to face up more would the gear stick get in the way?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have also had a look at this unit and loved it, only problem is trying to lode a cd or move the screen to face up more would the gear stick get in the way?
others have said you need to shift the transfer out of 2 high range to neutral to load a CD. If you accidentally press the eject button I think you would munge the screen tilt mechanism as it hit the transfer lever. I have a similar one on a GU and it works fine, but I wouldn't put one in my Maverick because of the transfer lever.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,006 Posts
I have got a pioneer 7in screen in my gq. Has no worries loading cd's but I would not use it as a gps, the screen is to low and you lose your periferal (spelling) view of the road when you look down at it. I would prefer a screen on the top of the dash but don't know how you would go with legality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts