Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4x4
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how often Google Earth updates its satellite images ?

I've been living in this house for nearly 2 years and the block next door is a vacant block, house burnt down about 3 1/2 years ago, but Google still shows a house there :confused:

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Try
www.nearmap.com

Depending on where your looking photos can be very recent and you can choose from previous images to see how things have changed over time.

Watto

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Thats no more than 1.5 months old. I cut some trees down and its been taken since then.

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Yeah I use it a fair bit for pricing work. Depending where you are looking it can be magic or just a blur. If you go to the blue tabs at the top right of screen (and hover over them) you can see what dates the photos are from. You can toggle between photos of different ages by selecting the one you want. Handy if I'm looking at a quarry and need to work out where old bench areas have been pushed over and vegetated etc. Between this site and google with its streetview function I dont need to go and visit as many site to price work.

If your in SA this site is also good;

NatureMaps - Home

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,263 Posts
yeap no good for me, same date jan 04

Apartly we had a car driving round 6 months ago with google earth painted all over it with camers sticking out of every orifce

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
Yeah they have been everywhere about a month ago, but for some reason they haven't updated it yet. :(

·
Registered
977 Posts
Google Earth

yeap no good for me, same date jan 04

Apartly we had a car driving round 6 months ago with google earth painted all over it with camers sticking out of every orifce
That will be for streetview. Google Earth itself is taken from satellites.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts