Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i took my rig to mtq adelaide to get tuned today.

Car details : 06 patrol ute 4.2tdi, 3 inch straight through exhaust, blocked egr, 33's, manual boost controller

Running 13 psi it got 83.7rwkw, 270.7rwnm.

This seems a bit low to me, but the guy said it was pretty normal.

For those of you who have a pretty good idea about this stuff let me know what you reckon.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
69 Posts
dropped my GQ TD42 with a Safari turbo kit and Cross country intercooler off for a dyno tune tonight get it back tomorrow. Will let you know what she puts out. I know when i got the turbo kit fitted running 11 psi on 33" coopers standard gearing, it had 83rwkw so i'm hoping for more now

Dyno result from 2006 when just turbo kit was fitted
About 83 RWKw and just over 300 Nm

·
Registered
nissan
559 Posts
on my old std turbo, now running a garrett 2876..

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Sounds normal, especially for a TDi. Im going to a 3071 modded pump etc. Big $$$ and im hoping for only 200kw(270hp) atw.

·
Registered
nissan
559 Posts
Sounds normal, especially for a TDi. Im going to a 3071 modded pump etc. Big $$$ and im hoping for only 200kw(270hp) atw.
Swaffie mod eh, you will get it no worries ... fuel consumption hmmmm !

I best get to dyno and see what mine can pull if i wind the screw in ... but which dyno to use in Rocky ??

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Im fitting it all up myself. He will be fitting the pump and taking it to a dyno though.

Typical dyno is about $300ish from prodyno and glenmore motors if you want them to tune it. Not sure which dyno Swaff uses but he would be worth a little more i'd imagine.

·
Registered
nissan
2,707 Posts
Hi guys, i took my rig to mtq adelaide to get tuned today.

Car details : 06 patrol ute 4.2tdi, 3 inch straight through exhaust, blocked egr, 33's, manual boost controller

Running 13 psi it got 83.7rwkw, 270.7rwnm.

This seems a bit low to me, but the guy said it was pretty normal.

For those of you who have a pretty good idea about this stuff let me know what you reckon.

Cheers
That result is spot on (111hp) with the others that have similar specs to yours in post 3 of the dyno thread. Multiply the rwnm with your diff to get a comparable to the other numbers eg. if you have a 4.1 diff, you get 1110nm at the wheels (diff uncorrected).

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
559 Posts
Im fitting it all up myself. He will be fitting the pump and taking it to a dyno though.

Typical dyno is about $300ish from prodyno and glenmore motors if you want them to tune it. Not sure which dyno Swaff uses but he would be worth a little more i'd imagine.
Thats the go, not hard.. just make sure you get the oil flow test sorted. Otherwise you can do damage to the roller brgs with high pressure. Refer Garrett site ..
Not that much to tune really, once you do the pump timing at home its basically air fuel ratio control and max fuel...
If you havent already, make sure you fit a facet type boost pump to fuel system. Makes a BIG difference to response etc when you go up in HP.. Also very good for filter changes / bleed !

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
69 Posts
dropped my GQ TD42 with a Safari turbo kit and Cross country intercooler off for a dyno tune tonight get it back tomorrow. Will let you know what she puts out. I know when i got the turbo kit fitted running 11 psi on 33" coopers standard gearing, it had 83rwkw so i'm hoping for more now

Dyno result from 2006 when just turbo kit was fitted
About 83 RWKw and just over 300 Nm
Cars finally ready to be picked up but can't get there tonight. Seems my old girl had her fuel pressure screw turned up 3-4 times higher than what it was meant to be. Tuned as best they can do with the current pump setup. putting out around 87rwkw. They believe with my turbo and intercooler setup it would easily be able to put out about 120rwkw, justs needs a boost compensation valve, change the restrictor plate in the fuel pump and a bit of mod work on the leaver on the wastegate. Will find out more tomorrow, and get quotes.

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Thats the go, not hard.. just make sure you get the oil flow test sorted. Otherwise you can do damage to the roller brgs with high pressure. Refer Garrett site ..
Not that much to tune really, once you do the pump timing at home its basically air fuel ratio control and max fuel...
If you havent already, make sure you fit a facet type boost pump to fuel system. Makes a BIG difference to response etc when you go up in HP.. Also very good for filter changes / bleed !
Yeah I will have to find out what sort of flow rate they need. Im actually going with 2 lift pumps, one at the tank and one at the filter, thats what someone else recommend me.

Just waiting for a exhaust manifold then I can start.

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts
Yeah I will have to find out what sort of flow rate they need. Im actually going with 2 lift pumps, one at the tank and one at the filter, thats what someone else recommend me.

Just waiting for a exhaust manifold then I can start.
Just go one decent sized one and be done with it. Something like a Carter P4600hp, they flow 100 gph which is more than enough for a 4.2.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
69 Posts
Just thought i'd post the results of my dyno tune. Dyno result is at all 4 wheels.

·
Registered
nissan
56 Posts
I had mine done after fitting the 3" manta and cast dump pipe. Quite happy, although the Denco conversion keeps beckoning

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
I cannot figure how to upload a pic of the readout with iphone but mine reached 153hp with 3" system, no snorkel at that time, standard factory tyres

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Just go one decent sized one and be done with it. Something like a Carter P4600hp, they flow 100 gph which is more than enough for a 4.2.
that's what I run. 150rwkW.
It is challenging to find a good spot to mount it under the car.

Make sure it is wired so the pump only runs when there is ignition on and oil pressure.
It will start fine without the lift pump until the oil pressure comes up.
Take your power off the ignition, run it though the "normally closed" side of a double throw relay which is activated by the oil pressure switch to activate the pump.

100 gallons per hour makes an awfully big puddle in a crash and no you wont just switch the ignition off when you stop. Chances are it'll stall in a big stack and you'll be too dazed to remember so just do it properly.

·
united fuel injection
Nissan
2,633 Posts
I had mine done after fitting the 3" manta and cast dump pipe. Quite happy, although the Denco conversion keeps beckoning

Plenty of other options out there that far outway the Denco switzer if thats what your contemplating.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
4 Posts
Got mine tuned at PGS in Vic
03 4.2tdi 3inch exhaust blocked egr and 33s made 95rwkw on 13psi and 108rwkw with gas turned on.
Mine made 80rwkw standard tune so 83 sounds a bit low but dynos can vary with figures. Try another dyno and see if you get a different reading?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts