Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,556 Posts
I read in 4WD magazine that a 2 3/4" pipe suits the ZD30 engine better than a 3".
That is the case for the DI, after much research years ago that was my choice, Beaudesert wouldn't supply a 3" for a DI back then based on their experience. The CRD seems to be a little different and responds well to the 3", I'm not sure there is a lot in it, so basically it will probably come down to what you want to pay.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is the case for the DI, after much research years ago that was my choice, Beaudesert wouldn't supply a 3" for a DI back then based on their experience. The CRD seems to be a little different and responds well to the 3", I'm not sure there is a lot in it, so basically it will probably come down to what you want to pay.
Thank you. I will go with the 3".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I have been doing a lot of work on my GU late 2009 Patrol Ute. I bought it with 3" installed- that was what had been most highly recommended to the previous owner. I blocked the EGR (Last owner had just replaced intake manifold as it was clogged up). Chip and Tillix kit. I bought a non genuine clutch slave and master, the rod that comes with the slave is over twice the length of the factory rod. Thought I would go the factory rod instead- but aftermarket slave has different internals. I had to pop the rod in the lathe and cut it, then a lip to hold the boot. I replaced the belt, I bought a non genuine kit for that too- and couldn't even fit it. I used bits from it. Thought I'd throw up some shots. The length was trial and error. After several cuts I got it to where it has just a little slack. Anyone buying the universal Patrol Slave Kit off the bay will hopefully find it useful. I used a rope to hold my extension bar while I replaced the belt, fairly easy one person job using a rope to hold pressure.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Automotive fuel system
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Automotive fuel system
Bicycle part Tool Font Automotive tire Household hardware
Bicycle part Tool Font Automotive tire Household hardware
Ruler Office ruler Wood Tool Material property
Ruler Office ruler Wood Tool Material property Bicycle part Tool Font Automotive tire Household hardware

41 - 43 of 43 Posts