Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm currently moving and selling off most of my stuff. a guy who came round yesterday to buy some bits and pieces looked at the truck and said "i'll give you 5k for it".

this kinda stumped me but i'm always in for a bit of bartering and we got to 6.5k. Now i'm thinking that's alright but i said to him to give me a few days to think about it.

he has the cash as he just smashed his old car and got the insurance payout.

what is it really worth ??

1990 GQ patrol
TD4.2, 350000km,
2inch lift
33inch AT, black sunnies
snorkel
custom tube front bar, lights, winch
sliders
rear wings
roof rack
rear draws and fridge slide

*new*
alternator
fuel pump
injectors

throwing in a 4inch lift that i have here for him as well.

I have been looking around at downsizing to a hilux or something mid sized as i'm not towing the race car anymore (which was why i bought the patrol) but 6.5k doesn't get much in the way of a mid sized 4x4. they are all up around 10k for a half decent one and they all have around 400000km on the clock now.
only real plus is i can go back to a ute which means i don't need to keep borrowing mates trailers to move jobs around.

is it worth selling ??
am i getting ripped ??
is he getting ripped ??

will i hate myself in 2 weeks for selling the truck ??

cheers
James

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
To answer your last question first, yes. (Crikey... Sound like a politician).
But seriously jimmy it looks a good rig, and surely you know because of the reliability etc. good GQ's are getting hard to find.

Make sure getting a Hilux or something, isn't going backwards.

You don't have to look far to see what good units are fetching (to answer your other Q's)

What is a 1992 Maverick worth?

·
Registered
nissan/gq patrol
253 Posts
i think it is worth more than $6.5k with all the gear you have on there. I wouldn't sell it for under $8.5K in my opinion. Looks like a nice rig.

·
Registered
nissan
399 Posts
I can get 6.5k for my 92 EFI GQ with only 8000km less and no accessories on it, so id say you could easily get more for yours since its a diesel - which is what everyone seems to want.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,691 Posts
6.5 K, wow thats really on the cheap side a bit

Do a bitta ground work checking prices and youll find something like that would fetch more

But depends how quick you have to sell and how much from the 6.5K youll be short for the replacement car
If your not in a hurry to sell ,personally id be wacking a few more $$$ than 6.5 K on it

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
So your thinking of selling the TD42 with a few accessories with 350k on the clock for $6.5k and buying a Hilux with a 4 cylinder diesel with 400+k on her???

Ummmm??

AND the Hilux has +400k and they all want +10k. Illogical mate! where is the good deal for you?? i surely cant see it there..

He is ripping you a new one mate.

Sell it to me for 6.5k mate, i will whack it on ebay tomorrow and get 15 watching in the first day and bet i get much closer if not more than 10k for that rig.

ITS A GQ WITH A TD42 with 350,000ks (not very many) and its got a list of accessories including lift, tyres, rack, drawers, winch.

The ebay add title would read " NISSAN PATROL GQ 4.2 DIESEL ARB TD42" and watch it sell for TOP DOLLAR mate.

They guy is in a hurry to close the deal cause he will be laughing all the way down the road and every time he tells his mates the story of how he found his great truck he will be laughing at how you let him buy it.

Good luck with making the right decision, dont be in a hurry!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mate hold on to it if you still plan on going 4x4 trips as thse are very popular at the moment . I just spent 5 months hunting Australia wide for one in good condition and every time i rang up it was the same old story, sorry mate someone from interstate has just wacked a 2000 dollar deposit on it . Finally picked up a 97 GQ for 16k in very good nick so hold on to it you will not get a good LUX for 10K good luck mate MO

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nup you will get 10+ pretty easily, if it as good as you say, throwing easy money away.

Hilux! what a step down that will be, you will regret it in 5 years when the LUX is clapped out and near worthless for the money that needs to be spent and you spot your old GQ still travelling on as good as ever.

·
Registered
nissan
194 Posts
i agree, your gq would easy be a 10k 4b, its a diesel 4 f's sake. very nice and clean truck, if you sold it for 6500, it would be a steal 4 the other bloke.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ SWB
110 Posts
I'll give you $6.5k for it!!!!

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
i wouldnt take any less than 8-9K minimum that is a neat looking 4wd with some good gear the K's to me are meduim hot that high. i would pay good money that and be happy with it tell the con to nick off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts