Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
nissan
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my td42 through some water a couple weeks back with out any hassles, got home and parked her up. About a week later went to go for a drive and no clutch, so i replaced the slave cylinder as ive had the problem before. After replacing it i could see it working fine but still couldnt disengage the clutch even with my foot flat to the floor. so i decided to just jam it in to 1st and away i went but still with no clutch. to stop i jamed the brakes on and heard a crack and now the clutch is back to normal. took it for a run this arve and it as good as new. any ideas. oh and it a 3000km old saffari tuff cltch

·
Registered
nissan
726 Posts
Sounds like the clutch stuck to the fly wheel, I had that happen on a Hilux before.
Maybe water causing rust.

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Sounds like the clutch stuck to the fly wheel, I had that happen on a Hilux before.
Would say this man has hit it on the head. All should be good now, who knows that rust will probably give it abit more bite for the first few times :cool:

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
X2. Think of two flat wet surfaces pushed together. They get suction stuck together and very hard to pull apart but the rotational force and the clutch pedal pushed in was able to break the suction.
Hope the clutch and pressure plate is still ok.
The bellhousing needs to be sealed also there is a small hole at the bottom of the bellhousing which should have a rubber bung in it.

·
Banned
nissan
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that makes sense. do the bell housings come sealed or is this something you have to do yourself

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
that makes sense. do the bell housings come sealed or is this something you have to do yourself
They are sealed with high temp RTV sealant from factory on both sides of the sandwich plate between the engine and bellhousing but age and clutch changes doesn't always see them being resealed or sealed properly.
Unfortunately the box has to be separated from the engine and the 3 sections cleaned nicely for resealing on both sides

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
Leave the drain plug out of the bell housing so the water can drain out easily. Sealing the bellhousing only creates problems. Water is hard to keep out and once it's in there you need it out ASAP, otherwise your clutch will rust together- and I've seen it before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts