Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please recomend who can install GPS software onto my Chinese no brand 2 din head unit through an SD carD in Melbourne.
I have tried reading soooo many threads on this site and others and it is now giving me the #$%@.

Would really like to find someone I can just take the car too and get them to do it. Paid of course.

Also factory clarion stacker system with bluetooth USB ect ect out of a 2010 GU for sale if any one wants it, only 3 month old. $200 :p and I will throw in the standard speakers if you want them.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
First off, what software are you trying to install and where in Melbourne are you located?

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried IGO8 bought off a guy on ebay. No good, came up with error codes. Im happy to buy another map if can find some one to install it.
I work in the city and live nr Chadstone, but am willing to travel if some one can sort it out for me.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Bummer Man... Whilst I'd do it for free I'm in Perth so that stuffs it even tho your willing to travel.

IGo8 is excellent and should run easy peasy 'cept for two things on the Chinnee double dins ( I have IG08 and OziExplorer on my Chinavision H.U.).

The first is setting the correct comm port for the NMEA feed from the GPS and the second is settingthe correct resolution in the systext file if your H.U. is HiDef

Hopefully someone closer than me can help as you should be very happy when it's up and running...

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mate, if you were a few K's closer I would come to you. I would love to get this thing up and running.
Mine is a Chinavasion unit aswell Street King X1, its bloody fantastic for the money (except trying to install the GPS software). Got the reversing camara aswell which works a treat.

Street King X1 Super Car DVD Player (GPS + DVB-T)

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
Whitetruck

Go to Austech - Powered by vBulletin heaps of info on iGo8 and Chinese Double Dins there!

Hope that helps!

I would do it for you ... but I'm in Kalgoorlie.

Cheers
Ash

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
X2 on the Austech link... you'll see lots of familiar people there (wink wink)

You can read the posts but do have to register to see the links and downloads. Last time I checked there was about 20 pages devoted to your specific unit so HEAPS of info and pre written files for your systext etc

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks chaps,
Had a look at the Austech threds, and yes there are loads of information. But I might as well be reading Manderin for all I can understand in them. I must have read the one thred by "Hollowman" 15 times and it still means [email protected]#! to me.
Thanks for the help though and I will keep plugging away with it.

Any one know of a shop in Melbourne that can help?

·
Registered
nissan
69 Posts
Not sure which GPS you have but I had one that ran Igo8 aand route 66 at different stages as well as if I swapped the SD card around I could run memory map software. The only drma I had was every now and then the software connection between program and aerial would fault. Going into the settings and resetting the GPS signals would fix it.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
mate I'm in ballarat, pretty good with all things pc wise, but no guarantee I can do it, but I'd have a go.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
First off, have you gone into the GPS settings of your unit to tell it where to find iGo? If iGo didn't come with the unit, then it most likely hasn't been given the folder location.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gogo,
Thanks for the offer mate really appreciate it. Will spend a few more nights trying to do it on my todd. As I think I may be being a bit lazy.
If I dont get any sleep I will give you a shout.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ray,
Done that. Inserted the SD card. Went to settings, routed to the iGO.exe file but no good.
Now when I insert the SD card again to re try and route, the iGO.exe file is not there?
So put the SD card on my PC and the whole set up of the SD card is different from before I put it into the car?

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
A bit of advice and I should have mentioned this beforehand ..... Did you back up a copy of the original card? When I did mine, I copied the original card to a new card so I had fresh start when I couldnt get things working. On my card I created two folders one for Ozi and one for iGO8. Ozi is a piece of p!ss to install so maybe start with that. With iGo the big thing is not to unpack the zip files. You must leave them zipped on the card. You also have to find a skin that matches your screen resolution, mine was 800*400. Keep plugging away it is worth it. I played around with my unit for a week on the bench to get everything right.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info Mal.
I didnt back up the SD card so I think it is now farked. Looks like I will have to buy another one :-(
But I will have a go with the resolution. Thanks again.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
For everyone but White truck... the latest IGO8 Maps are available over on Austech (Release 18 dated first quarter 2011).

White truck... grab a blank SD card, format it on your PC, Download a copy of IGO8 from Austech links, pop it in your H.U. and set the navigation to the .exe file.

IGO8 should start then double check the comm port settings to make sure the NMEA data from the GPS is available to IGO8 if it can't see any Satellites

If that doesn't work then it must be the Head Unit and you are only out the cost of an SD card to fault find it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts