Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq coil cab
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just looking for some help. I have gq 1994 td42 with the vac of the alternator. After driving the car home Thursday i noticed oil on the ground of the shed. so i cleaned the fresh oil off the motor and let the car sit over night to see where its coming from. The oil was dropping straight onto the steering dampener and looks to be coming from or pooing around the front of the injector pump. Anyone have any ideas to where the leak could be? Thanks.

Also included photos

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
11,153 Posts
can only be the gasket for the injector pump. could try nipping up the bolts and see if it goes away. otherwise the pump has to come off.
if its an original pump. get it rebuilt at the same time. will make it run better and be better on fuel as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can only be the gasket for the injector pump. could try nipping up the bolts and see if it goes away. otherwise the pump has to come off.
if its an original pump. get it rebuilt at the same time. will make it run better and be better on fuel as well.
I get pretty good fuel i get like 12.8 to 100kms is it worth the rebuild? still original 10mm pump i believe.

Is it just 3 bolts that holds it?

·
Registered
nissan
11,153 Posts
how many kms on it?

and no. there is the 3 mount bolts. a rear mount bolt at the back of the pump, and you have to remove the gear from the front. there is a cover on the front side of the timing case. have to line up the z's on the gear and then pop it off the taper of the pump. DONT loose the woodruff key when you remove it.
its not overly hard but its a fiddly ***** of a job at the same time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how many kms on it?

and no. there is the 3 mount bolts. a rear mount bolt at the back of the pump, and you have to remove the gear from the front. there is a cover on the front side of the timing case. have to line up the z's on the gear and then pop it off the taper of the pump. DONT loose the woodruff key when you remove it.
its not overly hard but its a fiddly ***** of a job at the same time.
410,000 on it

·
Registered
nissan
11,153 Posts
if its never been done before. it would benefit from a rebuild for sure. get the injectors done as well.
you get a shop to do this and your oil leak is fixed for free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts