Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan GQ Patrol
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted snorkel recently and now my air light comes on every time i acelerate has anyone got this drama ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not sure mate,mine has a snorkel but has no air light,wasn't aware they came out with them on EFI'S

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,092 Posts
if its the light under the speedo it is air cleaner indicator light which is there to tell you that your air filter need replacing. so bang in a new A360 air filter and the light should go away.

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
if its the light under the speedo it is air cleaner indicator light which is there to tell you that your air filter need replacing. so bang in a new A360 air filter and the light should go away.
Yep, this is it! Mine is starting to come on under high revs/accelleration, and in previous instances replacing the filter element is all that is needed.

I know that visually you can't really tell how blocked the filter is, but the past few times previously the filter hasn't looked all that dirty or blocked to me??!! Oh well.

·
Registered
Nissan GQ Patrol
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guy's I checked the air filter it looked pretty good no visable dirt but i'll change and see what happens.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yep just did mine & light went off staight away.My filter looked alright as well but it's all the fine paticals that block it up & under load can't get enough air flow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts