Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day i just recently bought 4" lift for my gq wagon from suspension stuff with dobinson coils been fitted for nearly 2 months now and have noticed the coils were sagged all over the place so i measured and got

Front left- 660mm
Front right- 695mm
Rear left- 727mm
Rear right- 765mm

I told them i had rear drawers which i will be making soon so i exspected rear too be abit higher but its a fair difference since i've had some weight in there already. Just wondering what height is 4" from standard? I have 33inch bighorns also.

Cheers brent

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
540mm front 550mm rear from centre of the hub to top of the guard

·
Registered
nissan
885 Posts
Measure between the bumpstops. It'll be a constant and the guard height on people's trucks will vary, flares etc.

Do your springs have a left and a right side or any markings on them? The drivers side should be heavier and if they are wrong side to side, with the measurements you have it'd be pretty close to level.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Steve sold you this kit. It might be in the Dobinsons catalogue as a 4" lift but they really sit at a 5" lift. You have C45-316 and C45-313T. I cannot explain why it sits so high on the drivers side. Measure the bump stop clearances on all 4 corners because guards can tell you lies. You are going to have a 180Litre tank and rear drawers so the part numbers you have would be the regular part numbers we would sell. Dobinsons coils will settle a bit once you have all your load on and drive it hard off road. With Dobinsons coils, if you get the next size down in the front you have to get the next size down in the rear which is a lighter duty coil which wouldn't be great with your planned load.

If something is wrong with the coils you can tell by measuring the free height. Front left should be 495 and right 505mm. Rear left should be 530mm and rear right 540mm.

Our Flexy coils would sit an inch lower and would be a better solution.

Shane

·
Registered
nissan
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G'day shane, i remember making sure the coils went in right side. So do you think they will take longer to settle? I was thinking of getting some coil spacers but will that be a waste of time? I'll measure bumpstops

Cheers brent

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
My point about settling was because I beleive you haven't put the drawers in yet and then the stuff you put in the drawers. Once you put the extra weight in, it may settle a bit further. Just putting a couple of hundred kgs in the back for a once off test may not give a true reading. So, it is too hard to say at this stage whether they will suit in the long term.

I would measure the free height of the passenger front coil and make sure it is correct. Also measure the wire diameter. Your left to right measurements just don't make sense. You have to pull the coil out to get this measurement. Either that or your drivers side rear coil could be way too high.

Also, double check that all the coils are seated correctly.

Shane

·
Registered
nissan
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries ill put them out and check free height's. What was wire diameter for each side?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts