Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody with a GQ running a big 5 post bullbar? Not the small aluminium ones. I'm after ideas for a big steel one. I am wanting to build one for my GQ Ute with the lizard catcher hanging down in the front. Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Preferably illegal. Legal just wouldn't be fun now would it? All me mates are running big ones on their Cruiser ute's down here in NSW without any dramas. Cheers

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
so you're asking for help because you cant come up with something that looks stupid and illegal by yourself?
Usually people ask for help to make things well, not badly.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
yeah, each to their own...
look for truck pictures of one you like and scale it down

put uprights 2 and 4 in line with your chassis rails..

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
so you're asking for help because you cant come up with something that looks stupid and illegal by yourself?
Usually people ask for help to make things well, not badly.
Like I said, each to their own. As you said earlier, you don't think ill find much. Which is right, thats why i'm asking here for ideas. I want one as it will get used. I happen to travel a lot and hit wild life a lot such as roo's, deere and pig's. Theres only so much an ARB bar is gunna stop. I happen to think it looks tough, not stupid. If I want wanted to come up with something that looks stupid, i'd get you to scan a pic of your face and send it to me so I can wear it around as a mask. Just because it's a 5 poster doesn't mean it cant be built well.

·
Registered
nissan
204 Posts
How about this?
It is an all alloy bar from "Hopper knocker"
Just go to any B&S or plan a trip to Dubbo for some more inspiration.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A beefed up steel version of that on would be good. I have been in the B&S and ute muster scene for the past 5 years, even done Deni a couple times. Still yet to find a GQ with a good solid 5 poster

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
If I want wanted to come up with something that looks stupid, i'd get you to scan a pic of your face and send it to me so I can wear it around as a mask.
thats actually pretty funny.
anyway, I'm sure you'll get some ideas. I dont think my crooked teeth are what youre looking for.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
A beefed up steel version of that on would be good. I have been in the B&S and ute muster scene for the past 5 years, even done Deni a couple times. Still yet to find a GQ with a good solid 5 poster
Mates got a reasonably solid steel 4 poster on his GQ.
It's a bit useless off road though as the lizard catcher becomes a plow or stops it dead on any reasonable approach angle and so restricts it's capabilities a lot and can also bend upwards and damage the chassis. And that's on 33's with a 3" lift!
If your just on flat outback roads all the time though they're fine.

I think you'll find better idea's and inspiration from the B&S scene though, most of us on here have bars designed to improve approach angles when off road and bars that tend to deflect things out and away from the vehicle when hit rather than a straight flat 'dozer' bucket.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Like I said, each to their own. As you said earlier, you don't think ill find much. Which is right, thats why i'm asking here for ideas. I want one as it will get used. I happen to travel a lot and hit wild life a lot such as roo's, deere and pig's. Theres only so much an ARB bar is gunna stop. I happen to think it looks tough, not stupid. If I want wanted to come up with something that looks stupid, i'd get you to scan a pic of your face and send it to me so I can wear it around as a mask. Just because it's a 5 poster doesn't mean it cant be built well.
hahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa...... that made me smile :)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
GQ COILY said:
A beefed up steel version of that on would be good. I have been in the B&S and ute muster scene for the past 5 years
so its going to have 2-4 10ft white UHF aerials on soft spring bases so they flex back and hit the cab roof but are connected to no radios on it, 5 bull lights that only 2 work, and 4-6 mudflaps on it?

GQ COILY said:
Still yet to find a GQ with a good solid 5 poster
theres a reason for that.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 118 Posts