Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 gq it sits about an inch lower on the driver side and also the back tyre sticks out about an inch and a half further on the passenger side than the drivers?it has all adjustable arms 3rds suspension radius arms and wotnot <I am new to this and wouldnt even know where to start so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
nissan
58 Posts
well the tire sticking out oneside would be panard rods not adjusted to the right length and if thats the case that could cause the sag because the coils are on a lean because the diff isnt centre?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok thanks i just had a look at the rear one and theres only about ten mm thread left on it .it doesnt look like enough to pull it back

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
99% of the time it isn't the spring sagging but either someone has fitted the springs on the wrong side or there isn't enought stagger in the springs for the application. This could be because the springs don't have enough stagger to start with from the manufacturer. This is quite common because old habits die hard and most springs were designed for the GQ and the GU has big fuel tank running down on the drivers side. I know the Dobinsons 6" springs are 20mm higher on drivers side front and even on the rear. Most are about 15mm higher front and rear on the drivers side. I know you have a GQ so this is a bit irrelevant for you but I am sure many others suffer similar problems.
With our flexy coils for a GU we use 30mm higher on the front and 15mm on the rear. GQ's 15mm front and rear.
Panhard rods not set correctly can pull the vehicle down, sway bars can pull it down.

To find out if a spring has sagged find out what the free height should be and measure your springs. (When out of the vehicle)
If they haven't sagged and you have fitted them correctly, a 30mm coil spacer is an easy solution.
Remember though, you have to treat your Patrol like an individual, they are all slightly different. A chassis will twist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts