Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry no build pics but if you want to use a full length snorkel heres how one can fit. Only thing needed is to move the overflow bottle back around 40-60mm and slightly move the aircon pipe be carefully not to break it though, as you can see mines alittle new

Made from 1.6mm ali and miged up

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
you rough bugger!! why didnt you tig it up?

looks the goods though mate, should have ya donk breathing heaps better now!

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was going to but thought its only there for a purpose and it was a rush job as i needed it for the levuka weekend

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
whats wrong with miggin it the welding on the outside around the outlet pipe looks pretty fair. ive never done any tig whats the benifits over mig on alloys?

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
316 Posts
Mig is alot rougher then tig. Tig will give you a smooth finish and no black stuff around it (forgot what it's called)

·
Registered
539 Posts
That's pretty awesome. There is a market for these as most have blown up (especially the ones on dual fuel).
Mine has split. Spoke to Mr Nissan and was quoted approx $700 for a genuine one. Ha! Bugger that.

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I couldve used the tig but as mentioned i needed ot done quick and seeing as its no show car the mig was quicker. As for the filter in the pics its a $25 cheapie from autobarn i now have a KnN sorry dont have part numbers.

·
Registered
nissan
294 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. I couldve used the tig but as mentioned i needed ot done quick and seeing as its no show car the mig was quicker. As for the filter in the pics its a $25 cheapie from autobarn i now have a KnN sorry dont have part numbers.
Tower if you don't mind mate what are the dimesions of the box
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will have to get them for you tomorrow mate will post them up in here.

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tower if you don't mind mate what are the dimesions of the box
Cheers
Ando the dimensions are 230mm long 180mm wide 180mm deep. Cheers

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
that filter is a but on the small side for a turbo diesel, just about right for the petrol though.
Nice work.

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that filter is a but on the small side for a turbo diesel, just about right for the petrol though.
Nice work.
Why is it too small?

·
Registered
nissan
116 Posts
need lots of surface area as its the only filter and diesel need more air. you have a water trap too for when you suck in bit of rain or from 4wding?

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
It seems to be working fine for me at the moment though, the filter isnt a problem if anything the box is slightly too small. The box has a drain point so it cant fill with water.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts