Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Blew my gu box, now trying to sort replacement, and wanted to know who had put a gq box in a gu ,
I hear the shifters are 40mm different and you can change over the shifter and plate over
Thanks jono

·
Registered
nissan
11,208 Posts
as said in a pm mate. just get another gu box. only thing i forgot to put in the pm is get as late a box as possible. up to 03 is a gamble as they blow 5th gear. i think from 04 on is ok but id look 05 onwards to be safe.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,045 Posts
Is there a difference for 1st gear in a ute v wagon in a crd or other
No need to create multiple threads asking the same question. Your other two posts didn't specify AUTO or M/T which is probably why no one responded.

Based on the conversation above, I presume you're after M/T ratios. There's no difference between ZD Ute and Wagon, and no difference between CRD and Di either.

Attached is an extract from the ESM. Do yourself a favour and download a copy for yourself. Link in my signature. All the info you need is in there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No need to create multiple threads asking the same question. Your other two posts didn't specify AUTO or M/T which is probably why no one responded.

Based on the conversation above, I presume you're after M/T ratios. There's no difference between ZD Ute and Wagon, and no difference between CRD and Di either.

Attached is an extract from the ESM. Do yourself a favour and download a copy for yourself. Link in my signature. All the info you need is in there.
Yep have been looking at all the mt manuals, and cross checking vins for days, lol
Would seem the 50B box has the stronger gearing, (but like the Nissan we've come to love or hate , nothing is the same ,Even if a zd30 has b on the tags, )
But when checked the gearbox internals cam be ' A' assembly
We all know the weaker 5th early v late models, but the heavier input shaft, comes standard with all td42t and ti's
and are scattered through some early/mid boxes hope I cleared that up
Heavier input part number
32201VB000

·
Registered
1 Posts
can anyone tell me is a gu manual gearbox will fit in a gu 4.5 and how do you tell the difference from both

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same /same 3ltr, 4.5, 4.2 even 4.8 (different ratios)
2.8 gearbox won't fit a either of the above

·
Registered
237 Posts
Same /same 3ltr, 4.5, 4.2 even 4.8 (different ratios)
2.8 gearbox won't fit a either of the above
Almost, the FS5R50B comes in 3 ratio sets as shown in pic below

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern

As to tell what box is from what your only sure way other than if its still attached to the motor is a part number check if tag is still attached or putting it in first gear and counting the output revolutions.

And other than Bell-housing differences they all fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts