Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All, I have done a fair bit of R&D on a gas strut kit for our GQ patrols.
This kit will hold your bonnet open without the aid of that single arm that Mr NISSAN thought would suffice.
It is a twin strut kit that will be able to be fitted to your car in around 30 mins ,by yourself.
This kit will come with full fitting guide and pics,also the kit will include all hardware needed to install.

This strut kit lifts your bonnet and gives you around an extra 180mm of lift
(room under the hood)

all you will need is a drill, an 8.5mm drill bit and a phillips driver bit.
YOU WILL NEED TO TO DRILL INTO YOUR CAR, BE WARNED.
This kit will be for sale to Patrol4x4.com members for only $100 inc post anywhere in Australia.
I will post pics on Friday the 15th (no close ups as this is going through copy right) Patent submissions.

·
Registered
nissan
204 Posts
I'm interested any photos of the installed kit?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will add pics tom arv.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,026 Posts
I hope you've got your patent issues sorted out. The last time I was involved with patent protection for full signatory protection cost the company $4m

hence why I never bothered in trying to design and sell the brackets for my bonnet struts on the shorty...

non IPT coverage of patents will set you back close to $2m

thats $6m for full coverage on listed IPT members, and can do nothing for you if anyone modifies your design and submits it as an improvement and outside the bounds of your patent.

just be cautious on what australian patent attorneys tell you is needed...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah cheers mate , Im finding this to be a bit of a runaway train, at the moment its all a PITA.
But hey Life wasnt meant to be easy.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics are here,

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
204 Posts
How are the mounted to the bonnet and guard?
Any pics of that?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not mounted to guard mate, on inner rail.
mounted to bonnet by s,s brackets

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,026 Posts
just note that I built my brackets to fit into the bonnet hinge support strut area- and not everyone has both sides free like I did

eg I built that solution for the shorty, but can't use the same design on the mav as the rhs area is already used

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
88 Posts
Or u just go to The wrecker and buy some!!! I got some off a Magna wagon they are pretty strong I have a couple of straps to pull it down haha, probs could have mounted them back further but!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All, I have done a fair bit of R&D on a gas strut kit for our GQ patrols.
This kit will hold your bonnet open without the aid of that single arm that Mr NISSAN thought would suffice.
It is a twin strut kit that will be able to be fitted to your car in around 30 mins ,by yourself.
This kit will come with full fitting guide and pics,also the kit will include all hardware needed to install.

This strut kit lifts your bonnet and gives you around an extra 180mm of lift
(room under the hood)

all you will need is a drill, an 8.5mm drill bit and a phillips driver bit.
YOU WILL NEED TO TO DRILL INTO YOUR CAR, BE WARNED.
This kit will be for sale to Patrol4x4.com members for only $100 inc post anywhere in Australia.
I will post pics on Friday the 15th (no close ups as this is going through copy right) Patent submissions.
if the Kits are still available can you please let me know where I can order one from, thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts