Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im trying to disassemble the cv's on GQ patrol to repack them with no success.Tried the slide into a length of pipe method & in a vice with a hammer & drift. Any idea's thanks

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
ok don't try and take the axle out of the 'cup'.axle is held in with a clip that is very hard to dislodge.repack while together.if existing grease is contaminated blast out with a degreaser gun till clean,flush with kero,hang up axle end down to dry then repack with fresh grease

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gas that was my next idea. What i've seen and read on searchs it just pulls apart! Not this one. Thanks mate

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
yeah never seen one come apart without a grinder lol

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
on another note- if you have less than 10mm axle end float you 'apparently' don't need the clip on the axle which would make changing a c.v easier.with a locker installed most stop the axles going in towards each other at the diff centre and have no need for the clip to be fitted,I installed a set of Dirty 30's axle and birfield joints and measured end float-was only a few mm but clips are on.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have an air locker. Hope i didnt damage the clips trying to get it apart. It still only has mm axle movement in the cup. Should be right. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
124 Posts
First and last one I separated damaged the end of the spline where the clip fits (inside the cup). As said give it a good clean and repack with cv grease.

Reactions: GQ QLD

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers Paddy that will be the go. The other searches i found must not be GQ cv's

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
You need to have the stub axle at a hard angle to the axle. Get a block of wood and put it over the cv. Hit it very hard with a hammer. Should pop the cv over the clip. I have always used this method and I have changed a few cv's out bush because of snapped stub axles with a lokka.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts