Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan GU TD4.2
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Has anybody fitted the dash grab bar from a GQ onto the Gu dash.
This one of the main things I miss about my old GQ,it was handy ,in that your could things on the dash without them sliding off.
Keen to see if one could be fitted.
Cheers
Dean

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,656 Posts
good old double sided tape could be your friend.

·
Registered
nissan GU TD4.2
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would that be strong enough,if someone uses it to hang onto or pull themselves in?
Not sure ,but thanks for the reply:)

·
Registered
nissan GU TD4.2
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No airbag
,also need to see how they are attached to the GQ to remove one

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
There is a steel bar behind the plastic dash, but you'd have to attach a bracket to it somehow. I don't think it would be too rigid unless you welded it on with a bit of bracing

Reactions: Dean

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
Interesting read. This is something I've wanted to do to my GU for a long time. As the driver we get the steering wheel but passengers don't get much.

Double sided tape wouldn't last 3 minutes in the tight grasp of the passengers I like to terrorize with my driving lol.

I'm keen to know how they attach to the GQ. Then I need to find one that closely matches the trim of my GU. Then I can likely modify my GU to suit it. I was thinking a bracket behind the dash to reinforce. I realise the dash angles will be different & some mods may need to be done.

Has anyone actually done this to a GU?

(Sorry to hijack your thread Dean)

Heyhey, what model GU are those pics from? I have a 1998 DX & my glove box looks different from that even though my dash looks the same.

·
Registered
nissan GU TD4.2
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problems Sharky,well put,I want to know exactly what you asked.
In my old GQ the wife would often put a book or something on the dash and it stayed put.

But the GU is missing this handy grab bar

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
GQ has a full metal carcass under the dash, covered by the vinyl you see. 4 bolts are visable directly below after you remove glove box. ( good eyes, torch, & double joined wrists should have them out in no time). My Opinion guys GQ Grab bar into GU, no chance. Butt !! waiting! you no what i mean. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
Hahaha yeah I thought it'd be a case of something like that. I'm pretty sure we're not the only 2 blokes who'd be keen on this & if it was that easy, many others would have done it already.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
Would be good if they made the new Trolls like the the old one's , but then you would'nt have guys that keep the old one's alive. lol

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
They could do with a handle, i had an 80 series before my patrol and the passenger handle could work coming out the fake panel with steel support back to the cross brace.

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
Would be good if they made the new Trolls like the the old one's , but then you would'nt have guys that keep the old one's alive. lol
I don't quite agree with that. If they remade the old ones then a lot of people wouldn't feel so pressured to upgrade as their car would still look current.

Looks are everything in this day & age. Most people are in denial about it but the evidence is in their driveways

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
My point was they dont make em like they use to. Just a friendly quote

1 - 15 of 15 Posts