Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been having a browse of a few GQ's and i notice (but may be corrected) that up to '91, the dash was grey and from 92 onwards, it is black.

Now, i want a black one, but have been told that the Black ones have different wiring conectors (or wires in different order) to the grey ones...

Anyone know for sure if this is right, and even if so, can the guages be lifted from the black dash and fitted into the grey dash?

Also on the subject, does anyone know if any of the Nissan cars (Skyline, primera, silvia etc) have gauges that can be fitted to a Safari/patrol dash?

I notice in a thread on here, someone was saying the Silvia S13 odo and trip meter was the same as GQ. I looked up a Silvia S13 dash and the rear looks very similar to a GQ...

Only problem is my Safari is 24V, and i'm not sure which individual gauges are 12v and which are 24v...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
I think they are all grey (all the aussie ones atleast) or brown in some of the other 'overseas' markets. If you want a black one then why not paint it? They are all made from black plastic then painted anyway. I've always wanted to fit a different dash like a GU or a late D22 type, I've just never had the money or effort to do it. If you just wanted to dress up the gauges you can get new faces off feebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think they are all grey (all the aussie ones atleast) or brown in some of the other 'overseas' markets. If you want a black one then why not paint it? They are all made from black plastic then painted anyway. I've always wanted to fit a different dash like a GU or a late D22 type, I've just never had the money or effort to do it. If you just wanted to dress up the gauges you can get new faces off feebay.
Hi, do you have a seller link?

·
Registered
nissan
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
might take a while to paint each face black, and it'd look like ****!

Only factory grey and black face dials as far as i know...

I like the white ones, but it's almost impossible to get the needles off so i'll give that a miss...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
8 Posts
I have just swaped the gray dash from a 88 model to a black dash from a later model ti, it is just the cover that is the change over, all the guages and switches you would have to use from your original as some of the have different plugs.

·
Registered
nissan
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have just swaped the gray dash from a 88 model to a black dash from a later model ti, it is just the cover that is the change over, all the guages and switches you would have to use from your original as some of the have different plugs.
So, can i not remove the individual gauges (not just the face but complete gauge) from a newer (black dash) and screw them into the older dash?

I know the wiring conectors are different, but it looks like the gauges are bolted in the same way and make the same conectons on the circuit at the back...

Edit that...i've just had a look and the early dash has 4 scews securing the tacho to the circuit board and the newer one only has 3 and the board is different...bollicks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts