Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Changed the slave and master cylinders on my 93 Patrol wagon and now cant get a pedal?
Have bled the M/C and the nipple near fuel filter and the slave but nothing seems to work?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Norry

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
The clutch like the brakes can be a real bitch to bleed.
I am a firm believer in 'gravity bleeding' (Google), get all the air out of the nipple at the master first, then follow procedure. Using the lowest nipple, just crack it so you don't let air get back in past the thread, then push on tight fitting tube that go's into bottle with brake fluid in.
It's a slow procedure, so you must have patience.

·
Registered
63 Posts
if you blead it as normal then when finished crack the bleader at the slave cylinder an push the slave right in with ya finger ,it's a poor design air gets blocked behind the nipple .

·
Registered
nissan
109 Posts
@ Norry: you and i are in the same spot :)
guys, ive had trouble with the clutch slipping etc. got a new exedy clutch in, M/C and S/C are less than 5 months old so werent replaced, new seals, flywheel machined the works.

next day after getting it back from mechnic, it starts slipping again. there was pressure in the clutch line, holding the clutch plate off the flywheel thus, little clutch and slipping while accelerating. crack bleeder valve and it released a stream of fluid and problem solved for another 100 clutch usages. took it back, they flushed system, apparently there was a wee bit of rubber near M/C restricting the return of fluid. $200 and im on my way again.

A week later, same problem. this time I do the job. flush line, find nothing, but cleaned it anyway. problem NOT fixed. new M/C, new slave kit (all seals, rubbers and springs) new fluid, flush system, and no pedal again. ive tried the above tips but still NOTHING!! ive checked the servo to make sure it is actually operating the M/C an its goin fine. WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!???

·
Registered
nissan
11,208 Posts
@ Norry: you and i are in the same spot :)
guys, ive had trouble with the clutch slipping etc. got a new exedy clutch in, M/C and S/C are less than 5 months old so werent replaced, new seals, flywheel machined the works.

next day after getting it back from mechnic, it starts slipping again. there was pressure in the clutch line, holding the clutch plate off the flywheel thus, little clutch and slipping while accelerating. crack bleeder valve and it released a stream of fluid and problem solved for another 100 clutch usages. took it back, they flushed system, apparently there was a wee bit of rubber near M/C restricting the return of fluid. $200 and im on my way again.

A week later, same problem. this time I do the job. flush line, find nothing, but cleaned it anyway. problem NOT fixed. new M/C, new slave kit (all seals, rubbers and springs) new fluid, flush system, and no pedal again. ive tried the above tips but still NOTHING!! ive checked the servo to make sure it is actually operating the M/C an its goin fine. WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!???
you need to remove the m/c and shorten the length of the pushrod in there. only a little bit though, mayby a turn or so. and keep going one turn at a time until good. aftermarket ones are a bees d ck to long and cause the return valve in the master cylinder to stay shut so wont allow fluid to vent back into the resiover. so as the fluid gets hot it expands pushing the slave out a bit cauisng your clutch to slip.

·
Banned
nissan
189 Posts
you need to remove the m/c and shorten the length of the pushrod in there. only a little bit though, mayby a turn or so. and keep going one turn at a time until good. aftermarket ones are a bees d ck to long and cause the return valve in the master cylinder to stay shut so wont allow fluid to vent back into the resiover. so as the fluid gets hot it expands pushing the slave out a bit cauisng your clutch to slip.
X2 had the exact same problem after installed safari tuff clutch

·
Registered
nissan
109 Posts
legend! thank you, i will try that as soon as possible! its a PBR kit in both cyls now. cheers bud

1 - 9 of 9 Posts