Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday, plan to fit 4.3 diff centers to a 4.5 auto GU, I have come across some out of a RB 30, 5 speed GQ, the guy doesn`t seem to be able to tell me weather the rear is a H233 or 260, I have had a bit of a look around for the info with no luck without traveling 600ks to check myself does anyone know offhand what they came out with? any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
All GQ's apart from the leaf cab ute are 233's. If you were in NSW I'd swap you my H260 4.3 centre. You need to find ones from a ZD30, although you need to check them before buying. Some are 4.1 and some are 4.3. Also some are 233's and some are 260's.

·
Registered
nissan safari
70 Posts
also you can get him to count the bolts around the flange that hold the head in it is ither 10 over 11 or 11 over 12. i cant rember now but just count yours as well

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh the ones I need are H233, the idea is to put in the 4.3 and see how they go whilst I get the 3.9 out of if fitted with 4.6 gears. I have had the gears for a while but don`t want the car out of action when getting the gears changed so I figure I`ll end up with some options if the 4.6`s are too low.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Pretty sure RB 30 wagons have H233! But they also had 3.9 in them also. Check compliance plate on vehicle.

David
RB30's did not come out with 3.900 ratio they were all 4.375

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
Are you sure your GU diff is a h233? I thought TB45's came with h260's. I could be wrong though, they might have either like a ZD30.

RB30's did not come out with 3.900 ratio they were all 4.375
I think he means he's pulling the 3.9's out of his GU and fitting complete 4.3 centres from an RB30 model whilst he replaces his 3.9 gears with 4.6's.

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeh, thats right . so by the sounds of it the rb30 4.3s should go straight in with maybe changing the flange that joins to the tailshaft on the rear. there was h260 s in the 4.5 gu but I`am pretty sure they were with the manual trans. thanks for the help !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts