Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the Front doors of my shorty with GQ doors with electric windows, anyone wired these up before? I'm a tad lost

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,050 Posts
Never looked at a GQ leccy window motor, but I'd imagine you'd have +ve, -ve, ignition power, and wires to run to other doors (from the drivers door).
Your best bet would be to grab a GQ service manual and wiring diagram and have a look through that.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
A long time ago I replaced the drivers switch door panel in my old NF pajero with a heap of relays. ( the door panel was a $1000 from mitsub)

I had a quick look at the wiring setup.

if you have the complete GQ front doors including the switch panel then you should be able to rig them to operate. The power window module sits in side the drivers door - this provides the one touch up and down feature for the drivers door.

The pas door has 3 wires (up wire, down wire and local control ). Without pulling my doors apart and measuring I could not easy work out if the door is pos or neg switch.

if Positive switch
Basically there is power constant power on the up and down wire on the pas door. If you press the down button on the pas door. Then the power down wire will be disconnected and a ground and the door will go down. (Power is provided by the up wire)

If the door up is pressed then power will be disconnectedon the up wire and a grond will be applyed.

Drivers switch -

In the inactive state this provides power to the up and down wire to the pass door. When the drivers switch is operated for down on the pass door - the Up wire will have power and the down wire will have a ground.

If you pm me - I will email you a copy of the GQ body manual it covers the door wiring

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,293 Posts
holy **** dude, It sounds like a head phuck , I'm leccy windowing my old girl soon, Got a a gq sitting in the driveway , begging me to pull parts of her.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,050 Posts
Right, well that's much more complex than I assumed.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I downloaded a copy of the gq workshop manual, slowly wrapping my head around the wiring diagram.
Im at the snow this weekend but during the week im going to give it a crack and ill try do a write up on how to get it going

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol 4x4
2 Posts
A long time ago I replaced the drivers switch door panel in my old NF pajero with a heap of relays. ( the door panel was a $1000 from mitsub)

I had a quick look at the wiring setup.

if you have the complete GQ front doors including the switch panel then you should be able to rig them to operate. The power window module sits in side the drivers door - this provides the one touch up and down feature for the drivers door.

The pas door has 3 wires (up wire, down wire and local control ). Without pulling my doors apart and measuring I could not easy work out if the door is pos or neg switch.

if Positive switch
Basically there is power constant power on the up and down wire on the pas door. If you press the down button on the pas door. Then the power down wire will be disconnected and a ground and the door will go down. (Power is provided by the up wire)

If the door up is pressed then power will be disconnectedon the up wire and a grond will be applyed.

Drivers switch -

In the inactive state this provides power to the up and down wire to the pass door. When the drivers switch is operated for down on the pass door - the Up wire will have power and the down wire will have a ground.

If you pm me - I will email you a copy of the GQ body manual it covers the door wiring
Hey there, would you be able to email me the power window wiring for drivers side door on my 2002 patrol wagon ? Thanx in advance

·
Registered
nissan
299 Posts
I brought a universal kit but don't like how it sits and I was thinking of getting the motors and stuff out of gq and using the wiring and switches I got with the kit to wire it up don't no if it is possible but just what I was thinking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts