Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
nissan g160
275 Posts
Console looks interesting. Looks awesome with the double-din mounted high like that. Any dramas with relocating the heater controls?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Console looks interesting. Looks awesome with the double-din mounted high like that. Any dramas with relocating the heater controls?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Not really
I did have to cut and modify all the mounts but the cables had enough length to reach without to much drama
Honestly it's not 100% how I want it tho so i think I will cut another one up and do some more mods to make the heater in the middle and the gear sticks are kind of in the way and can be annoying to adjust temps if I am being picky

·
Registered
nissan g160
275 Posts
Not really
I did have to cut and modify all the mounts but the cables had enough length to reach without to much drama
Honestly it's not 100% how I want it tho so i think I will cut another one up and do some more mods to make the heater in the middle and the gear sticks are kind of in the way and can be annoying to adjust temps if I am being picky
Kindof the same issue with having the head-unit there too. Though I'd like to think I'd be less annoyed with reaching down to flicking the sliders than I am by trying to use the radio down there. You've inspired me, I think I'll have to get another dash to have a go with,.

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Kindof the same issue with having the head-unit there too. Though I'd like to think I'd be less annoyed with reaching down to flicking the sliders than I am by trying to use the radio down there. You've inspired me, I think I'll have to get another dash to have a go with,.
You need to find a slim dual din head unit so so you can't use a CD player head unit
There is all heater stuff in the dash there but any of the new fancy stereos these days that are shallow mounting would work

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I've bitten the bullet....
Have put my name down for a ufi 12mm and 21l combo
Hopefully with be ready in a week from now as I have been waiting a while already.
Pretty stoked to get it and bolt it up asap as the old 10mm is struggling a bit lately

21 - 28 of 28 Posts