Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've just completed a mirror replacement for my 1994 GQ DX Patrol. Hopefully the info below can help someone! Please reply if you have any questions.

Parts used -

- Toyota Mirror Assembly (genuine), Outer, Right Hand - Part No 87910-60142 (price paid - $44, eBay (got lucky with this one))

- Toyota Mirror Assembly, Outer (genuine), Left Hand - Part No 87940-60273 (will confirm Part No once order is received) (price paid - $174, eBay)

Note - these are convex.

If searching eBay etc for these parts, try any of these keywords -

87910-60142
87940-60273
LANDCRUISER VDJ LH DOOR MIRROR GENUINE TOYOTA
LH Mirror Landcruiser VDJ78, VDJ79, VDJ76
RH Mirror Landcruiser VDJ78, VDJ79, VDJ76

Tools used -

- Large phillips screwdriver

Modifications Required -

- NONE.

Steps -

Remove existing mirror - two phillips head screws (keep, re-use on next step)

Install new mirror - two phillips head screws

Personal rating of Modification -

10/10 - The fit is extremely close, see 2nd image. Note, no modifications are required at all. The view compared to standard is improved 100x over. In my opinion these also look really good/standard on a GQ.

Photo's -

New vs Existing

2014-09-02196 - Version 2 by Will Schouten, on Flickr

The fit
2014-09-02213 - Version 2 by Will Schouten, on Flickr

2014-09-02210 - Version 2 by Will Schouten, on Flickr

2014-09-02211 - Version 2 by Will Schouten, on Flickr

2014-09-02212 - Version 2 by Will Schouten, on Flickr

2014-09-02215 - Version 2 by Will Schouten, on Flickr

2014-09-02208 - Version 2 by Will Schouten, on Flickr

The View
2014-09-02207 - Version 2 by Will Schouten, on Flickr

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Thats awesome, since getting boat the genuines are useless these look much better Cheers..:)

Reactions: warehouseno27

·
Registered
Nissan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look almost exactly the same, but I'm not sure they are convex. They also do not show the rubber/plastic piece that goes between the mirror mount and the door (laying loose in my first image). I checked to see if it mounted without that piece and the fit isn't very good and will mount too low.

The right angle piece between the mount and mirror head looks like plastic, the genuine one is metal.

Only reason I went with genuine ones were that I got the first one so cheap and didn't want to have one genuine and one aftermarket, and that I couldn't find aftermarket ones that were convex.

The part no's in my first post are 2007+, so try narrowing your results to see if that helps!

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Yeh good point, they do look flimsy and need that rubber bit. Cheers will keep looking.

·
Its a unimog thing, understand?
452 Posts
I'm getting me some of these mirrors..brilliant find!

Good to see Toyotas are good for something :)

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
mint good find going on my gq coily

·
Registered
Nissan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
Nissan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! Didn't realise they were that much direct from the dealer.. Toyota genuine from eBay is much cheaper.

Seems my $44 genuine one was a massive win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
307 Posts
Wow! Didn't realise they were that much direct from the dealer.. Toyota genuine from eBay is much cheaper.

Seems my $44 genuine one was a massive win!

I had another look into this and I'm a bit confused now. I rang AllFourx4 because they had these mirrors listed in their online shop (Toyota OEM), BUT they guy I talked to was absolutely adamant that the factory Toyota mirrors were flat and not convex. He did not want to take the part numbers and double check though.
Did you buy your left hand one from a ebay shop?
Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like a helpful guy.. Were they 2007+ mirrors? The mirror before that year is nearly square in shape and appears flat.

The mirror in this link (allfourx4) appears convex -

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301204612175

Call him back and ask to check the part numbers, or even better open the part box and have a look. If he says no then find/buy elsewhere.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
307 Posts
I went to their shop today to have a look at the mirrors myself and unsurprisingly, you were right: 2007+ mirrors are curved. Here are the part numbers for the two mirrors, I bought:
RH: 87910-60142 $150
LH: 87940-60372 $150
I swapped them in the parking lot of the shop and I have to say, they are a MASSIVE improvement over the original mirrors. Thanks heaps for your post.

·
Registered
Nissan
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I went to their shop today to have a look at the mirrors myself and unsurprisingly, you were right: 2007+ mirrors are curved. Here are the part numbers for the two mirrors, I bought:

RH: 87910-60142 $150

LH: 87940-60372 $150

I swapped them in the parking lot of the shop and I have to say, they are a MASSIVE improvement over the original mirrors. Thanks heaps for your post.

Good news, thanks for posting the info!

They are a massive improvement over standard, really happy with mine..

1 - 20 of 53 Posts