Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys.
Has the 1992 EFI petrol wagon, single or twin pistons.??

I have had two opinions, one says that they are single up to 1998
and the other says that the GQ petrol EFI has twins as standard fitting

The first opinion also says that Silverton pads are the better for the vehicle, and the second opinion says that Bendix DB 4wd are better

I have to admit that the chap who is recommending the Bendix seems to know what he is talking about.

Any opinion to assist me??
Cheers
Angus

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Bendix all the way, but watch out for metal in them, as you will gain stopping power, but you will go through rotors quicker. It's a matter of what you want. I want stopping power and am happy enough to change my rotors more often to achieve it.

And as far as I know, all EFI GQ's have twin pot calipers.

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gq efi brake system

Thanks guys, twin pistons it is, and I will go with the Bendix pads
Angus:)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Hi Gents

Just wondering I have a TD42 with single piston calipers and wanted to upgrade to twin.

- What is involved in this conversion is it bolt on..?
- Can I do it for front and rear..?
- What is the cost like if any idea..?

Cheers Cal

·
Registered
Nissan GQ
154 Posts
Same here, I have the EFI GQ and its twin pistons, bendix pads and slotted rotors. Used to pull up better than my falcon. Until I put slotted rotors on it too.

·
Registered
GU8 CRD
1,583 Posts
Hi Gents

Just wondering I have a TD42 with single piston calipers and wanted to upgrade to twin.

- What is involved in this conversion is it bolt on..?
- Can I do it for front and rear..?
- What is the cost like if any idea..?

Cheers Cal
1. Yes it is the bits you need are the calipers, rotors and the bolts that hold the calipers to the hub

2. Only the front. The (disk) rears are only single pot. Not sure what is needed to adapt drum rear to disk though - maybe he entire diff housing??

3. They are the TD42 of the Nissan brake world. I've seen some advertised second hand for 600 bucks for the set recently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts