Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 4.2 GQ
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I got picked up by the NSW HWP last week in a random breath test lane. Blew 0, but they had a quick check over my car. The only thing they found that there was no front sway link at all.

the guy who I bought it off was avid hoarder, and kept everything. But he never recalled a swaybar.

did the GQ’s ever come factory with no front swaybar?

95 LWB GQ by the way!
Jack

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,348 Posts
I believe they did. Check if there's mounting holes on the radius arms, brackets on the chassis. If no to both, you should be all good and legal without one.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My '90 doesn't - owned it since new, so I know it hasn't been taken off, but my '93 does have one.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I think it depends on the specification level of the vehicle, my 94 dx did not have one as standard.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,

I got picked up by the NSW HWP last week in a random breath test lane. Blew 0, but they had a quick check over my car. The only thing they found that there was no front sway link at all.

the guy who I bought it off was avid hoarder, and kept everything. But he never recalled a swaybar.

did the GQ’s ever come factory with no front swaybar?

95 LWB GQ by the way!
Jack
your front axel is a solid one, ???
solid axels don't necessarily have swat bars (is this what your referring too as a sway link) they are counter productive on a 4x4 off road ,hence the disconnect mechanism,

or that's my understanding

·
Registered
Nissan
810 Posts
My 92 RB30 ST didnt have one either....and no indication of ever having one . My curremt 97 RD 28 does have one tho.

Cheers Keith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts