Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started investigating where water was getting into the passenger side footwell, and found this up behind the fan under the dash.

I’m not even sure how to even begin trying to fix this. Pretty sure a proper repair is going to be difficult and costly. Or should I cut out as much as possible and then bog it up with some two-part epoxy?

Ideas and experiences welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,796 Posts
Started investigating where water was getting into the passenger side footwell, and found this up behind the fan under the dash.

I’m not even sure how to even begin trying to fix this. Pretty sure a proper repair is going to be difficult and costly. Or should I cut out as much as possible and then bog it up with some two-part epoxy?

Ideas and experiences welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I hate rust,you are right,difficult repair,to be successful you will have to neutralise the rust,finding another body to donate that section might be difficult,there are about 4 layers of steel in the plenum [which catch the leaves and mud] Fertan will stop the rust won't interfere with welding,but will wash off with rain after a while.Pull the guard off and see what it looks like in there,it will also give you access to repair.You could just scrape away as much rust as possible,fertan it then Sikaflex in some patches,??.Sourcing another body might be the solution. Penetrol is your friend after the repair is done.

Cheers,G.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts