Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am just looking at upgrading to Braided lines on my 94 GQ and was just wondering if anyone has had issues with them rubbing due to there more rigid nature. The reason i ask is due to Marks 4wd Adapters noting they do not supply front braided caliper lines due to the above mentioned problem.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
nissan
806 Posts
I had one on blow out RH Front right at the top of the metal crimp
I think they are too stiff
Gone back to rubber on the front

·
Registered
nissan
11,155 Posts
i had them on my truck and whilst i never had a failure upon removal after only probably 10 the outer plastic sheath was split and braid crushed.
im hoping it works better on the gu though as they are a different shape.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Should also add that when clamped they are pressed in a specific orientation. If this is wrong they will rub ect ect

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
Braided hosing is far better to the OEM stuff for brake hydrualics. Theyre used in aerospace and aviation, for good reasons. The thing is, you have to understand how to mount it right. You cant have rubbing cos the stainless steel used is harder than many other materials. You just need to install it right.

·
Registered
Nissan
7,072 Posts
Hi,

I am just looking at upgrading to Braided lines on my 94 GQ and was just wondering if anyone has had issues with them rubbing due to there more rigid nature. The reason i ask is due to Marks 4wd Adapters noting they do not supply front braided caliper lines due to the above mentioned problem.

Cheers,

John
Is this right? ? Just bought a set from marks for my GU. Is there a difference?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There appears to be a difference. I just checked the site and for all Gq Braided sets it states:

"Set includes 4 stainless steel braided brake lines for the lines running from the chassis to each diff and the rear calliper lines. The front calliper lines cannot be made in a stainless braided line. This is due to the design of the GQ front diff. The extra stiffness in the braided brake line causes the brake line to rub on the swivel housing. This can result in the brake line failing"

·
Its a unimog thing, understand?
452 Posts
There appears to be a difference. I just checked the site and for all Gq Braided sets it states:

"Set includes 4 stainless steel braided brake lines for the lines running from the chassis to each diff and the rear calliper lines. The front calliper lines cannot be made in a stainless braided line. This is due to the design of the GQ front diff. The extra stiffness in the braided brake line causes the brake line to rub on the swivel housing. This can result in the brake line failing"
I have braided fronts on my GQ and they don't ru , but we did make sure we 'clocked' them properly when we installed them so they didn't rub. As mentioned above you just have to install them properly and not just chuck em on

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,470 Posts
Glad I read this, have been meaning to get around to this for ages and I admit I would have just 'chucked em on' !!!

Good to know :bigthumb:

·
Registered
nissan
11,155 Posts
Mine never rubbed on anything but rather the hose is to stiff and started the crush right behind the crimps. The gu mount on the diff end is different and doesnt put the same pressure on the hose thats my quick observation the other day anyway.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
I just chucked mine on the GQ shorty with no problems LOL
I'm fitting a hydro booster on that I just bought from pid diesel so I needed them.

·
Registered
nissan
349 Posts
I did the diff to body lines first. But new braided lines on a 23 yr old truck caused the diff to calliper to let go. So I did them in braided haven't had an issues and the pedal feels a lot better

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts