Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

In the last few trips down the beach iv developed a large clunk from the front diif, enough the jolt the car a bit. only happens doing 30kmh+ and or under power both hubs are locking and 4wd is engadging well, im thinking i may off broken a tooth off the crown wheel? would i be damaging it more using 4wd as normal? any other idears what it could be?

cheers Ryan

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,694 Posts
What type of hubs do you have...fully manual or auto/manual and are you certain they are locking?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok hubs are defently locking, thinking it could be a broken tooth on the crown wheel (hope not) anyone hafd a simular problem?

cheers Ryan

·
Registered
nissan patrol
338 Posts
I have had the simular issue,it was the hub slipping on the stub axle.Sounds like someone hitting your hub with a hammer and jolts the car a bit Happened more in low range under torquey situations,high range was more of a clunk and it still did it in 2wdrive with hubs locked in.Try 2wd and locking your hubs in and go for a drive and see if it still does it.Or remove your hubs and see if there is wear marks on the stub axle and teeth in the hub.other than that it will be your diff best of luck.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh thats the noise im getting il go for a drive in 2wd with the hubs in and see if it does it, cheers mate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts