Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2" dobsons springs and when the front is near full droop, the right hand spring jutters as i think the spring moves in the bottom or top locator.

its like the spring is too loose?

Is there a clamp you fit to hold them in place or should i look elsewhere for the fix??

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. The springs at full droop will get a big bow in them and cause them to bounce around. Mine does it as well. Or get something like a plastic spring wrap and wrap it round. Will quieten it down

·
Registered
413 Posts
You could retain top and bottom of the springs to the mounts if you wanted. The top should have a rubber insert that sits between the spring and the mount to stop this noise but this means the bottom can still make this noise.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
When I put my toy on the hoist it sounds like a piano falling down stairs. dont worry about it unless it REALLY annoys you.

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm, was looking at the plastic retainers cos the sound doesn't bother me, just the passengers :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
When mine's on the hoist there is about a 50mm+ gap above the springs. They've never dropped out though. They make heaps of noise when they settle too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts