Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissangupatrol
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the voltmeter read on a standard qg dash, is it the volt reading of the battery and this should then be 12.6 at full charge?

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
it is the volt reading from the battery and driving around should see it a tad over 14 volts , even at idle with all electrical stuff turned off it should read about 14 volts, motor off should be around 12.6 volts

·
Registered
nissan
2,694 Posts
My GQ dash is standard, but the voltmeter reads 32v while driving and around 27v on start up...;)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Mine reads 15.7volts :D

TRev
I wouldn't be smiling, I'd be frowning and putting a meter over the circuits and seeing if it is in fact true and if it is wondering how long before I stuff something electrical in my car and whether my batteries are already stuffed! Dodgy regs don't make for happy cars!

·
Premium Member
1975 G60, 1989 GQ, 2013 GU
1,408 Posts
I wouldn't be smiling, I'd be frowning and putting a meter over the circuits and seeing if it is in fact true and if it is wondering how long before I stuff something electrical in my car and whether my batteries are already stuffed! Dodgy regs don't make for happy cars!
HAHAHAHA thanks for falling into my trap ;) Its fine, each battery gets its 14.2-4 volts. I loose 1 volt through my multi battery isolator so the alternator pumps an extra volt to compensate :D

TRev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts