Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

just bought a new front grille for my gq, but having some major issues trying to fit it on. i can't put the black clips in place, and have already completely mangled one by trying to force it on.

very frustrating for what seems to be a dead easy job. any tips guys? alternatively has anyone used anything other than those factory clips to attach the grille?

any help would be appreciated cheers

·
Registered
Nissan
22 Posts
I also abandoned the original clips (because most of them broke when I took the grill off) and used zip ties instead. The zip ties worked great - they hold the grill much tighter than the original clips.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
The trick is to remove the clips from the body, then fit the clips into the grille first, then the grille just clips in. DEAD EASY!

Pop the square head into the grille, then twist and push with your fingers, the 45 degree square head pops into place. repeat for all clips.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mike H,you're spot on mate so easy it's not funny after someone first tells you, can be bought from Nissan for about $2.00 each i try to keep everything as orig. as i can.
cheers honest;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had the same problem it took a couple of hours before I twisted the clips and presto however half have come away as the was a few years ago and the grille is still held on by masking tape from the trip before last, as is the left frt flare(so far held on 4 yrs plus) and the overflow bottle which was just a whim but its so snug I can't bring myself to make the bracket I planned.
Never leave home without duct tape you never know what (who) you may meet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.