Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I know there alot of threads about replacement seats for a MQ but I couldnt find my specific answer.

I see some people say Mazda 626 seats are a good fit for the MQ rails but there actually isnt that many around here in Darwin let alone any wrecked ones. But 4x4's are very abundant (Except MQ/MK:headwall:) so i was wandering if anyone knows if later model GQ/GU Patrol seats could bolt up to the MQ rails with little effort and still leave enough leg room between the steering wheel?

Or even Landcruiser, Hilux, Navara seats might also be an option?

I would measure them myself but the local wreckers wont allow me to fiddle with a seat without buying it.

Thanks for any input.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
Ba Bf falcon seats, Comfy, easy to fit, Easy to find , Can pay a bit extra for XR seats and have some bolstering in the seats. Love mine.

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm i didnt think of that. Figured it would be the same problem as the Commodore seats i tried where the cushion is too thick and leaves little room between steering wheel. How well do they bolt up and whats the steering wheel clearance like? Got any pics?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
153 Posts
I used Mazda 929 1994 ish era seats, really comfy and height adjustable. The inside near the console bolted straight up, i had the bend the existing floor mount a few degrees with a long shifter. The outside i had to make a bracket but this allowed the seat to drop down by about 50 mm to compensate for the massive amount of extra padding compared to original seats.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3y858zvcjw6no56/AAAqHArRW8pU6ITHdpIt2R0va

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the seat still sit even with that bracket? I tried lowering the outside bracket(because you cant lower the inside) with the Commodore seats and it just made the seat uneven.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
153 Posts
Does the seat still sit even with that bracket? I tried lowering the outside bracket(because you cant lower the inside) with the Commodore seats and it just made the seat uneven.
yep, all I did was bend the front tab on the console a couple of degrees then bolt it in on that side, then used a scissor jack under the seat with a spirit level on top then got it perfectly flat and took my measurements for the bracket from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts