Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 12 years I've never needed to replace a headlight bulb. Now I do.
Looks pretty simple...push in, turn and pull out. (which way turn?)

Normally I wouldn't even think about this but I'm a little gunshy after breaking a switch on the dash. I know that plastic deteriorates with age and don't want to be brutal.

Whats the right way to do it?

·
Registered
nissan
708 Posts
if they are the factory bulbs and lenses, then you are up for a new one. as they are a sealed beam. i have the IPF lenses on mine, and they are just held in with a spring clip like H3 bulbs. if you didnt know, patrols are H4.

cheers

jbates58

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
If its your lucky day, then you should be able to access the three screws that hold the crome lens retaining ring on .
The whole sealed beam unit will come out and then you have to decide whether to put the same back, which are water proof or change to a different lens where you can change to the bulbs. which can be handy is you want an extras candle or two. But if your 4b goes swimming a lot then they can get water in them

Hope this helps

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
If it is factory sealed beam it comes out from the front so you need to buy a new sealed beam, remove the silver retaining ring (3 screws) on the front holding the whole lamp assy and then unplug the connector. Some people find this easier with the grill at least partially removed.

If it is a semi sealed reflector then you need a H4 bulb and all you do is unplug the connector from the back, squeeze the clip ends together that hold the bulb in place so it drops away and pop the new bulb in..

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Sealed unit just a standard 7" light
Get them anywhere
If its a removeable bulb(H4 type)
^^^^ What he said

Oh dont touch the H4 Bulbs with ya hands,use laytex gloves or something
Oil from ya skin wrecks the bulbs quickly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts