Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone know a supplier of Head light protectors for the GQ model, other than the Genuine Nissan option?

Cheers,
Nathanatm

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,613 Posts
I think the brand was "Aungier" that used to (I presume still does?) plastic stuff like wind deflectors and headlight and bonnet protectors etc, should be able to be ordered from your local spare parts shop.

Or... Since they would be flat on a GQ you may be able to cut your own from some polycarbonate and devise a way to attach them.

If you have sealed beams it's ironic that the protectors will probably be worth more than the lights they're protecting though lol!

·
Registered
nissan
83 Posts
Pretty sure the roo lite plastic covers fit

·
Registered
179 Posts
also many truck parts places have a perspex screw on option.

Headlights being so cheap probobly not worth the bother tho

·
Registered
nissan
347 Posts
I run em

http://www.protectiveplastics.com.au/

You can still get them , I got a set thru super cheap awhile back, and another mob with this link
does them to , I run them , and have copped a few cracks in them from stones , and with a narva headlight upgrade , im glad I did.
click on there where to buy link , on bottom of page.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Or upgrade your lights to ones with polycarbonate lenses, tough as. I've got Britax, Narva do them as well.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,026 Posts
Or upgrade your lights to ones with polycarbonate lenses, tough as. I've got Britax, Narva do them as well.
mine are polycarb - I still use the covers though as I've had hot ashphalt get kicked up and cause some fuglies....

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,026 Posts
That light bar is a bit lame mate I'm pretty sure you could fit a bigger one if you applied yourself ;-)
i was a bit surprised when it arrived as i hadn't expected it to be so big....

have to confess that i must have suspended common sense when i looked at dimensions and had my brain elsewhere when i ran all the measurements

it is an effective light, but i wouldn't get another one. the smaller 10w bar i had on prev is far more efficient, smaller, better thermal management, lighter etc.... this one is built to milspec but its overkill.

unfort i couldn't shove this one on the maverick due to a bracket mounting issue, so its on the troll instead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts