Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 gq ute leaf sprung all round 2" body lift 2" suspension lift 35 maxxis bighorns
hey guys im a newbie to the site and im after any any thoughts and opions on getting more ground clearence im always hitting my lower leaf mounts and the diff
i also want to get 2" extended shackes and some new shocks but this will still not solve
the problem of getting bellied

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
The only way to get more diff clearance is to put bigger tyres on, or leave more air pressure in your tyres than you usually do

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
you can always do a u/bolt flip.
you can pick up a bit clearance that way.
Or bigger tyres
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Yeah Zordo you beat me to it, I drove the old 40 series cruiser's for years and doing a U-bolt flip worked well. How much weight do you carry ? remove some leaves from the pack. Diff shaving is becoming more common also, gain ground clearance with out fitting larger tyres. Spring over axle can be done but waste of time, better off going coil over shocks, but thats me day dreaming. This was what I was thinking about when looking to buy my GU cab but went the coil cab insted.

·
Registered
nissan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey have you got more info on the u bolt flip were do you mount the shocks do you have to modify the diff for the plate to sit on top

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
Check with superior engineering as they were doing u/bolt flip kits. Not sure if they do a kit for a patrol.
Don't have to modify the diff but you would need a new top plate & the right type of u/bolts.
You would need a new shock mount
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers zordo any more info would be very appericiated looks likee i might have to weld new mounts to the bottom of the diff for the u bolts to lock into?? has any 1 done this conversion and has some pics
cheers bill

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
The u/bolts would face upwards IE: nut at the top.
The u/bolt would wrap around the leaf spring & the retaining plate would go over the diff.
you could a weld new shock bkt to the rear of the diff housing
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts