Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, ive searched all the posts and have seen a few posts relating to the actuators etc with the GQ locking mechanism. My GQ has no problems with the mechanism, all door locks work fine and all. The problem is that all the doors like to lock and unlock on their own. Happens anywhere from once or twice up to continually for about 3-4 minutes of constant locking/unlocking. Is there a control unit that may be responsible for this and if so where do i look? Its not a major problem but is getting annoying.. Many thanks for any help

·
Registered
nissantigq 1996-7
84 Posts
I had that with my central locking and it was dirt and dust sticking the buttons of the remote, :)I bought a replacement couple of switches from a electric supplier and just soldered new ones in.

·
Registered
GU8 CRD
1,555 Posts
Hey mate, if it is the standard GQ set up (no wireless remote) sounds like a shorted wire, switch or a crook relay. The three main components to check are the manual switch on the door (near the power window switches) and the switch attached to the locking knob (located inside the drivers door at the bottom right looking at it from the inside) and the locking control module/relay which I think is located behind the glove box.

Pretty sure with the switches, you can disconnect either without affecting the other so it is easy to disconnect them to see if the problem is in the switch. The other thing is that they operate on the -ve, so a shorted wire could cause problems as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts