Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

since i killed the drivers side wheel bearings and destroyed the manual hub i have been running one manual hub and one auto hub off a parts diff i bought.

i am looking at getting rid of the auto hub and switching it over to a manual so i can have both manuals again.

i was just looking online and come across a manual hub kit which includes everything to convert to a manual hub again.

Auto TO Manual Hubs Conversion KIT Nissan GQ Y61 Patrol ALL Models C W Braces | eBay

is this Kit on the expensive side or is it fairly reasonable priced?

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
For what you get the price is reasonable, but they aren't genuine hubs so they probably won't last long especially if you 4WD a fair bit.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,569 Posts
I WENT WITH AVM HUBS when I changed my gq from auto to manual were cheaper than that you are looking at. been through mud and sand and not killed them yet.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
I WENT WITH AVM HUBS when I changed my gq from auto to manual were cheaper than that you are looking at. been through mud and sand and not killed them yet.
yr lucky lol,only thing stronger than genuine is superiors billet hubs for $495 a set with no internals or buy a second hand set for $150

·
Registered
nissan
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm, is it usually the housings that sh*yt themselves or the actual internals on the ones i linked?

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts

I've seen a AVM heavy duty hub crack right open before, they're alot weaker than a GQ CV joint.

·
Registered
nissan
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay cheers mate, just on gumtree asking a few people with wrecks that have manual hubs on them. hopefully they dont go wild on prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts