Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering if you only need springs and shock for the 2" lift its a 92 GQ Patrol.

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
you can go upto 3" by just replacing the springs and shocks.

im going 3" in the shorty and ive only bought springs & shocks.
and i got brackets for the brake bias thingy, and 2 more made up so i can drop the standard length brake lines.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I wonder if you'd need some castor correction for that?

I guess I'd search to find that out though ;)

·
Registered
nissan
490 Posts
2in springs and shocks only

3in to be done properly should have the break lines done. Or a new longer one for the rear and place the old rear into the front. I also had to do panhard rods as the diffs were off centre. I bought but never fitted castor correction rubber bushes as you can get away with it if you are happy to live with the nissan shudder from time to time. install brake bias extension onto back diff.

Now at 3.5in I have replaced brake lines with new longer lines front and rear. New springs, shocks, brake bias bracket, superior drop boxes, superior lower control arms, superior adjustable uppers for rear on order. Oherwise pinion angle is up the **** and right rear spring will bow and rub your shock. I will also be replacing the steering tie rod??? with a longer one to put the steering wheel in right position(at the moment I just turned the wheel to compensate).

either do it right or don't do it is my opinion........there is a big difference in cost once you go above 2in lift......that is why 2in spring and 2in body lift is so popular.

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
being told most people are going 2" spring and 2" body. i cant go any higher (unless i go body) because of the duel fuel long range tank is 20mm from the upper rear control arm. (when up on the hoist) if anyone has a shorter tank they'd like to swap.......

·
Registered
nissan
490 Posts
being told most people are going 2" spring and 2" body. i cant go any higher (unless i go body) because of the duel fuel long range tank is 20mm from the upper rear control arm. (when up on the hoist) if anyone has a shorter tank they'd like to swap.......
Hey gqdavee you need a bent upper control arm. Search is your friend......:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts